Week of February 22, 2021
Mark your Calendars:
- Feb. 22-March 2 – TerraNova Standardized Testing grades 2-8 (see below)
- March 1 and 2 – Talent Show Auditions 3:30-4:30pm in Music Room
- March 4 – Mass w/Bishop Dewane; No school mass on March 3
- March 10 – Christian Character Awards at Mass
- March 12 – End of 3rd Quarter
- March 15 – No School – Diocesan In-Service Day
- March 19 – Noon Dismissal – Parent/Teacher Conference Day; Feast of St. Joseph
- March 27 – Seton 40th Anniversary Celebration 2:30pm; Paul Todd Concert 5:30pm
- April 1 – Noon Dismissal; Holy Thursday (No After-care)
- April 2-9 – No School-Easter Break
A Meaningful Way to Help Others during Lent…
Catholic Relief Services Rice Bowl – Donations are used to assist those in need worldwide. Please make this part of your family’s Lenten practice. We will collect donations before Easter break. Thank you for your generosity!
Many thanks to families who purchased books for the classrooms through our Good News Catholic Virtual Book Fair. We also purchased $450 worth of teacher wish list books thanks to the Valentine’s Day Dress Down collection. Seton families are the best!
TERRANOVA Assessments 2/22-3/2
Each year Catholic schools throughout the state of Florida participate in standardized testing. This year the Terra Nova assessments will be administered to all students in grades 2-8. These tests are used to help us learn how your child is progressing toward standards, performing relative to their peers, and provide us with instructional activities which can help close achievement gaps.
The testing window for Terra Nova assessments is from February 22- March 2, 2021 with makeups to be completed by March 12, 2021.
Information for our families:
- PLEASE refrain from making appointments, arriving late, and/or being absent unless ill.
- Students will be testing for 1 to 1 ½ hours during the testing window each morning.
- Students should come to school rested and on time.
- Student homework will be kept to a minimum.
- Ample breaks will be provided.
- Students arriving late will have to wait in the office until their class has a break.
- Please read all notes from your individual classroom/homeroom teachers about the assessments.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership in the education of your child.
Save the Date! Saturday, March 27, 2021 at 2:30pm
40th Anniversary Kick-off Celebration – Free Admission
Talent Show Food trucks, Time Capsule, Gift Auction Items, Raffle, Scholastic Book Fair and more…!
**Student Talent Show at 3pm – Grades 4 and up (sign up in Sra. Cole’s room). Auditions on Mon., March 1 & Tues., March 2 from 3:30-4:30 PM in the Music Room.
At 5:30pm – Paul Todd Benefit Concert on the school field (bring your own lawn chair).
- Concert tickets are $25pp. All proceeds benefit campus improvements.
- Tickets may be purchased online at www.Saintelizabethseton.com/paul-todd.
- Email Mrs. Groch at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Step Up for Students Payment Approval
Any families receiving this scholarship are reminded to please go into your Step Up account to approve your third quarter payments to the school. Thank you!
Please help us plan for another successful school year and insure your child’s seat by completing your re-enrollment. Re-enrollment is not complete until all information has been entered online via the FACTS Family Portal and payment is received. You will receive a confirmation email only if everything is complete. Thank you for your support…#SetonStrong!
Please click here for this week’s Counselor’s Corner— Adolescent Apathy and What Loss of Caring Can Mean from Dr. Fabii.
Building a Culture of Catholic Stewardship
Our school community needs donors and sponsors to support our mission. Please refer anyone who believes in the importance of affordable, quality Catholic education now and for future generations, to: https://saintelizabethseton.com/giving/
While shopping, don’t forget Amazon Smile – Seton H.A.S.A. Fundraiser
AmazonSmile is a way to support our school every time you shop with Amazon. Shopping at smile.amazon.com is the same (same products, same prices, no cost to you) with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of eligible purchases to Seton. Signing up is easy – please share with your family and friends!