Week of February 15, 2021
Mark your Calendars:
- Feb. 15 – No School – President’s Day
- Feb. 22-March 2 – TerraNova Standardized Testing grades 2-8 (see below)
- March 1 and 2 – Talent Show Auditions 3:30-4:30pm in Music Room
- March 10 – Christian Character Awards at Mass
- March 12 – End of 3rd Quarter
- March 15 – No School – Diocesan In-Service Day
- March 19 – Noon Dismissal – Parent/Teacher Conference Day
- March 27 – Seton 40th Anniversary Celebration & Paul Todd Concert. Volunteer help needed for this event! Please see below…
TERRANOVA Assessments 2/22-3/2
Each year Catholic schools throughout the state of Florida participate in standardized testing. This year the Terra Nova assessments will be administered to all students in grades 2-8. These tests are used to help us learn how your child is progressing toward standards, performing relative to their peers, and provide us with instructional activities which can help close achievement gaps.
The testing window for Terra Nova assessments is from February 22- March 2, 2021 with makeups to be completed by March 12, 2021.
Information for our families:
- PLEASE refrain from making appointments, arriving late, and/or being absent unless ill.
- Students will be testing for 1 to 1 ½ hours during the testing window each morning.
- Students should come to school rested and on time.
- Student homework will be kept to a minimum.
- Ample breaks will be provided.
- Students arriving late will have to wait in the office until their class has a break.
- Please read all notes from your individual classroom/homeroom teachers about the assessments.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership in the education of your child.
Save the Date! Saturday, March 27, 2021 at 2:30pm
Volunteers needed to help for this celebration! Please contact Mrs. Groch at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a volunteer information meeting on Wed., Feb. 17 from 2:10-3:10pm in the school courtyard. No charge for after-care.
40th Anniversary Kick-off Celebration – Free Admission
Talent Show Food trucks, Time Capsule, Gift Auction Items, Raffle, Scholastic Book Fair and more…!
**Student Talent Show at 3pm – Grades 4 and up (sign up in Sra. Cole’s room. Auditions on Mon., March 1 & Tues., March 2 from 3:30-4:30 PM in the Music Room.
At 5:30pm – Paul Todd Benefit Concert on the school field (bring your own lawn chair). Concert tickets are $25pp. All proceeds benefit campus improvements.
Step Up for Students Payment Approval
Any families receiving this scholarship are reminded to please go into your Step Up account to approve your third quarter payments to the school. Thank you!
Please help us plan for another successful school year and insure your child’s seat by completing your re-enrollment. Re-enrollment is not complete until all information has been entered online via the FACTS Family Portal and payment is received. You will receive a confirmation email only if everything is complete.
Thank you for your support…#SetonStrong!
Please click here for this week’s Counselor’s Corner— The Importance of Self-Compassion from Dr. Fabii.
Building a Culture of Catholic Stewardship
Our school community needs donors and sponsors to support our mission. Please refer anyone who believes in the importance of affordable, quality Catholic education now and for future generations, to: https://saintelizabethseton.com/giving/
While shopping, don’t forget Amazon Smile – Seton H.A.S.A. Fundraiser
AmazonSmile is a way to support our school every time you shop with Amazon. Shopping at smile.amazon.com is the same (same products, same prices, no cost to you) with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of eligible purchases to Seton. Signing up is easy – please share with your family and friends!
Here’s how to shop AmazonSmile:
1. Visit smile.amazon.com
2. Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials
3. Under charitable locations choose (St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic School)
4. Select your charity
5. Start shopping!
6. Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to shop here every time!