Happening This Week: Week of November 18, 2019
Virtue of the Month: Right Judgement
Monday, Nov. 18
Tuesday, Nov. 19
Stream Club – 3-4pm cafeteria (5th-8th grade students bring iPads)
Wednesday, Nov. 20
School mass 9am; Christian Character awards; All are invited
*Thanksgiving canned goods collection. Donations given to St. Vincent DePaul society for those in need. Students bring canned goods to mass.
Thursday, Nov. 21
Ukulele Club 3:00-3:50pm
Friday, Nov. 22
Collier Honor Flight rep joins us for morning prayers to accept check from red, white, blue day collection.
- Nov. 27 – Dec. 2 Thanksgiving break. Classes resume on Tues. Dec. 3
- Dec. 5 Pizza Day
- Dec. 9-13 Santa Workshop
- Dec. 13 Christmas Program 6:30pm
A few words about our Veterans Day Tribute…
Dear Seton School Community,
I do so want to thank you all for your display of gratitude for parish veterans this past Veterans Day. I applaud your continuing education of students on these histories as these students will be our future leaders knowing our country was formed by everyday citizens from all walks of life. Again, I commend everyone and hopefully we can do it again next year.
Respectfully submitted, John Forrest
A Facebook post:
It truly was a beautiful mass and a heartfelt ceremony honoring all the veterans. I felt privileged to be in attendance among such greatness. Thank you for planning a wonderful tribute. Hope this will become an annual event. Would not change one thing. It was a perfect mix of solemnity and celebration. Beautiful. Well done!
Don’t Miss the Early “Birdie” Special – Save $50 if Registration/payment in by Monday, Nov. 18th
Saturday, December 7, 2019 – Seton Golf Benefit Tournament
Dear Seton Families:
We are in the final weeks of planning for our Golf Benefit Tournament at the Strand on December 7, 2019. We have awesome golf certificates and wonderful sponsors, but we need more players and a few more gifts to give away for our raffle to make it a great success.
We need a few donations in the form of restaurant, store, or gas gift cards, gift certificates, wine baskets, etc. Volunteer hours will be given for any donated gift (1 hour for each $15 value donated). We are offering a $50 discount per player until Nov. 18, so please sign up and tell your family and business contacts to register to play now to get a great deal on golf in season.
Please contact Coach T at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Groch at email@example.com with any questions about the tournament or gift donations. It will be a great community-building event for a great cause…ours!! Thank you for your support!
Many thanks to players who have signed up and sponsors who have already generously supported our event:
- Bishop Verot High School & St. Francis Xavier Catholic School – Team sponsor
- Euclid Chemical Co. – Team sponsor
- Trang Family – Course sponsor
- United Plastering – Course sponsor
- Marco Office Supply – Course sponsor
- Zynda Custom Homes – Course sponsor
- Dise Wealth Management – Course sponsor
- Kevin Gerrity, Fire Commissioner – Course sponsor
- Notre Dame Club of Naples – Course sponsor
- Tree Scaping of Naples – Course sponsor
- Naples Italian American Foundation – Course sponsor
- Hilmoe Family – Course sponsor
- Ward Family – Course sponsor/supporter
- Land Family – Scholarship Supporter
- McKenna Family – Scholarship Supporter
- McNicholas Family – Scholarship Supporter
- Zalar Family – Scholarship Supporter
- Publix Supermarket Charities – Scholarship Supporter
- Costain Family-SJN – Golf sponsor
- McFee Family – Golf sponsor
- Olde Florida Golf Club – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Eagle Creek Country Club – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Vanderbilt Country Club – Golf for 4 Certificate
- The Club at the Strand – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Golf Club of the Everglades – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Spring Run – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Copperleaf – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Glades Country Club – (2) Golf for 4 Certificates
- Wildcat Run Golf & Country Club – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Vineyards Country Club – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Mariott Marco Island Club – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Hideout Golf Club– Golf for 4 Certificate
- Royal Palm Golf Club – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Cooper Hawk Winery – Wine Tasting for 4 Certificate
- The Arlington of Naples – Food Gift Basket
- iPartner Media/Bonita Print Shop – Sponsor sign donor
Congratulations to all our Students of the Week!
Specially designed Seton Bracelets now available in time for Christmas.
Show your Seton pride with these beautiful bracelets!
DOWNLOAD THE BRACELET ORNAMENT FORM
Hand-made Candy Cane Ornaments by Student Council!
Students are making adorable hand-made candy cane ornaments. What a great Christmas gift for loved ones! Selling for only $2 each, they will benefit the purchase of umbrellas for the outer courtyard. Order forms will be sent home and may be ordered through December. Please allow up to 3 business days for your candy canes to be sent home. (Ornaments may also be purchased at the School Store on Wednesdays in the gym 7:30-7:50am). Contact Mrs. Winter at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.DOWNLOAD THE CANDY CANE ORNAMENT FORM
Shopping for Christmas?: Amazon Smile – H.A.S.A. Fundraiser
AmazonSmile is a way for customers to support their favorite charitable organization every time they shop with Amazon. Shoppers who shop at smile.amazon.com will find the same Amazon they know and love, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the price of eligible purchases to the charity of your choice. Signing up is easy!
Here’s how to shop AmazonSmile:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials
- Under charitable locations choose (St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic School)
- Select your charity
- Start shopping!
- Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile
A percentage of your AmazonSmile purchases will benefit Seton! Thank you for your support!
SES Gala Auction – Havana Nights at The Vineyards Country Club Naples
Mark Your Calendars for Upcoming Diocesan Retreats for Father/Sons and Mom/Daughters!