Week of Oct. 24, 2022
**The bridge on Golden Gate Parkway will be under construction beginning in November. Please see attached map for alternate route to Seton.
- Oct. 10-31 Diaper Drive for Community Pregnancy Clinics
- Oct. 24 Spanish Club Meeting 3:15-4:30pm Elementary courtyard
- Oct. 25 HASA Gen Meeting 8:00am in Parish Center
- Oct. 25 NJHS/Student Govt. Installation of Officers 2:10pm
- Oct. 26 Student Fall picture day
- Oct. 28 Bubbakoo’s Burrito Day for Lunch!
- Oct. 28 Trunk or Treat hosted by SES Parish 6-8pm church parking lot
- Oct. 31 Halloween Dress Out Competition!
- Nov. 5 Mother/Son Bowling at HeadPinz 12-2pm
- Nov. 7 Used Uniform Closet Open 3:15-4:15pm Gym
- Nov. 11 Veteran’s Day Mass, Tribute and Reception 9am SES Church
- Nov. 16 Christian Character Awards at morning prayers
- Nov. 21-25 No School – Thanksgiving Break
- Nov. 26 No School – Professional Development Day for Teachers
- Dec. 4 Cookies with Santa 10am Gym
- Dec 5 Used Uniform Closet Open 3:15-4:15pm Gym
- Dec. 5-8 HASA Penguin Patch Christmas Shopping
- Dec. 9 Christmas Concert 6pm
- Dec. 19-Jan. 3 Christmas Break
- Jan 4 Feast of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton – Mass w/Bishop Dewane
Diaper Drive – October 10th – October 31st
SES supports Respect Life month by partnering with Community Pregnancy Clinics (CPCI) in a Diaper Drive (collecting diapers, wipes, baby shampoo/wash, baby clothing: newborn – size 5T). See flyer for details on how you can help.
(La) Ofrenda Project
In honor of our loved ones who have passed, SES School will participate in the Ofrenda Project during “Dia de los Muertos”. The (La) Ofrenda project will be displayed outside each homeroom classroom on Mon., Oct. 31through Wed., Nov. 2 so we can pray for the souls of those who’ve gone before us. Please see flyer for how students/families can participate.
On October 31, we will be having a Halloween Harvest Dress Out Day sponsored by Student Government. This dress out day is a competition and each class has been given a theme. For more information, please review the attached flyer or email Ms. D’Abrosca at email@example.com with any questions.
Musical News! “Godspell Jr.”
Congratulations to the cast and ensemble of our Spring 2023 production of Godspell Jr.! Please see attached cast list announcement!
Student Picture Day – Oct. 26 *Students wear mass uniform.
Order forms were sent home. Orders can be placed online or by using order form:
- Access Code for online ordering is C608866. Please go to www.leonards.com/photoprepay to create account. Make sure to add student(s)/teacher and grade information.
- Online ordering offers additional backgrounds and is shipped home vs using form where orders will be shipped to school directly.
- Add on items must be ordered with a package only.
- Payment options are credit card for online ordering; if using forms, check or money orders payable to Leonard’s or cash *exact amount, no change given*
- Regardless of ordering method, return detachable envelope with payment or confirmation order on or before Wednesday Oct. 26th.
- Class picture information will be sent home separately.
1st Quarter Student Report Cards
Report cards were emailed home to families on Friday (10/21) afternoon. Families should contact their child’s teacher or Mrs. Tenbarge if they did not receive the report card email.
Volunteers Parents and Students Needed!
Helpers needed to help lay mulch around the campus Saturday, Nov. 5 starting at 8am. Volunteer hours given for students and parents!
Used Uniform Closet Open! – SES Gymnasium
- Monday, 11/7/22 at 3:15-4:15pm
- Monday, 12/5/22 at 3:15-4:15pm
Cash or Check only – Uniform Exchange or Purchase available
A Salute to Veterans!
Fri., Nov. 11, 2022 @ 9:00am
We will have a Veteran’s Day mass beginning at 9:00am followed by a Tribute to our Veterans given by the students. All takes place at SES church. Coffee/danish reception follows in the Parish Center. If you or someone you know is a veteran and able to attend, please RSVP by emailing the info. below to Mrs. Groch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 239-455-2262 ext. 321 by Nov. 1
Name of Veteran attending: _____________________________________________________
Branch of Service: _________________________ Rank: ______________________________
Dates served (from-to): ________________________________________________________
Phone #: _______________________ Email: _______________________________________
In addition, the school will pray for any veterans unable to attend (living or deceased). Please forward name of any veteran (not able to attend) with branch and dates of service (if known) you would like us to pray for. Thank You for Helping Us Honor Our Beloved Veterans!
Musical News! Godspell Jr.
Friday, April 21 & Saturday, April 22, 2023 @ 7pm
- St. John Neumann Catholic High School – The Justin Holecek Student Life Center
- Doors open @ 6:30 pm Tickets $5.00
The play will be directed by Fabiola Cole, music directed by Paul Desmarais, stage manager by Charity Winter, choreography Fabiola Cole and Charity Winter and Production Committee Manager by Lindsay D’Abrosca.
We welcome all parents, faculty & staff, and students grades 6th through 8th to help volunteer in one of the Production Committees. For more information, contact Ms. Lindsay D’Abrosca email@example.com. Parent/Guardian must be a Diocesan Approved volunteer to participate. Love/Service hours will be honored for your time. Thank you for your interest and cooperation.
If you have any questions about the Musical, please contact Mrs. Cole firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention Parents and Students!
Please see the October Counseling Newsletter from Ms. D’Abrosca. Please review to see our theme for the month and activities being conducted at Seton!”
News from SES Parish
Trunk or Treat at St. Elizabeth Seton Parish is Friday, October 28, 6-8pm in the church parking lot. Volunteer hours are given to families that are trunkers. To sign-up for trunking, just send an email to Beverly at email@example.com. Thank you!
Support our school when shopping with Amazon!
AmazonSmile is a way to support our school every time you shop with Amazon. Shopping at smile.amazon.com is the same (same products, same prices, no cost to you) with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of eligible purchases to Seton. Signing up is easy – please share with your family and friends!
Here’s how to shop AmazonSmile:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials
- Under charitable locations choose (St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic School)
- Select your charity
- Start shopping!
- Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to shop here every time!
We are Grateful for you!
Don’t forget to Follow and Like us on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SESCatholicSchool