Happening This Week: Week of October 14, 2019
Monday, Oct. 14
No School – In-Service Day for Teachers
Tuesday, Oct. 15
NO Chorus today
Blue Zones Ribbon Cutting & Pep Rally 2pm Gym
S.T.R.E.A.M. Club Session #1- School Cafeteria 3-4pm
Wednesday, Oct. 16
Weekly school mass Wed. @ 9am. Parents welcome
Dismissal is at 2pm on Wednesdays.
Thursday, Oct. 17
Ukulele Club Gr. 4-8 3:10-3:50pm
Friday, Oct. 18
Friday will be “World Mission Sunday”– $1 dress out day. On World Mission Sunday we are encouraged to have joyful participation through prayer and financial support of the Church’s worldwide missions.
Blue Zones Ribbon Cutting & Panther Pep Rally!
Join us on Tuesday, October 15 at 2pm in the Gym.
We are proud to announce that Seton has been certified as a Blue Zone (BZ) school! Due to our efforts and focus on health, fitness and overall well-being, we are recognized as a school that promotes healthier living habits. We partner with NCH and others in making an ongoing commitment to improving quality of life for all those in our community (from the youngest to oldest) through the Blue Zones project. Hope to see you on Oct. 15 where BZ and NCH representatives will be here for the ribbon cutting and award, followed by a fun pep rally!
Saturday, December 7, 2019 SES School 2019 Golf Benefit Tournament
at The Club at The Strand Naples
We need family/business sponsors and players! Please tell your family, friends and business partners about our awesome golf event benefiting student scholarships. Volunteers needed to help. Contact Coach T at email@example.com or Mrs. Groch at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or questions. Thank you for your support!DOWNLOAD THE GOLF FLYER & REGISTRATION FORM HERE
Many thanks to those who have already generously supported our event:
- Bishop Verot High School & St. Francis Xavier Catholic School – Team sponsor
- Trang Family – Course sponsor
- United Plastering – Course sponsor
- Marco Office Supply – Course sponsor
- Zynda Custom Homes – Course sponsor
- Dise Wealth Management – Course sponsor
- Kevin Gerrity, Fire Commissioner – Course sponsor
- Land Family – Scholarship Supporter
- McKenna Family – Scholarship Supporter
- Olde Florida Golf Club – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Eagle Creek Country Club – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Vanderbilt Country Club – Golf for 4 Certificate
- The Club at the Strand – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Golf Club of the Everglades – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Spring Run – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Copperleaf – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Glades Country Club – (2) Golf for 4 Certificates
- Cooper Hawk Winery – Wine Tasting for 4 Certificate
- The Arlington of Naples – Food Gift Basket
CONGRATULATIONS are in order…
To our Students of the Week!
To our Christian Character Award recipients for the virtue of Wisdom!
To our newly inducted NJHS members.
These middle school students join current members and are recognized for upholding high standards of scholarship, service, leadership, character and citizenship.
October is Respect Life Month
Please remember your donations for the CPCI Baby bottle and supplies drive. We are participating in this service project on behalf of a community partner. Volunteer hours do not apply for these donations and are given only for donations and service for School projects and events. Thank you for your understanding and generosity!
H.A.S.A. Event (Trunk or Treat!)
Friday, October 25th 6-8:00pm
Get your costume ready and your candy bucket, too! There will be pizza, treats, and water bottles for sale in the Parish Center!
Volunteers are needed for set-up, serving food, and clean-up. *Please contact Mrs. Eastman at (email@example.com) or sign up through the SignUp Genius link for Trunk or Treat: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508054BABAC29A0F58-seton2. We appreciate you!
- Set-Up: 3:30 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. (7 needed)
- Concession Sales: 5:45 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (8 needed)
- Clean Up: 7:45 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (7 needed)
- Decorated Trunks & 400 pieces of candy (30 needed)
- Sat. Morning Parking Lot Clean Up (time at discretion of the volunteer) (5 needed)
Please note all volunteer time needs to be emailed to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To make this event possible, the following items are needed:
- Families to sign up to enter a decorated car/distribute candy, make donations of water bottles/treats, and/or volunteer at the event! *Any questions about signing up your car trunk please contact Miss Watson (email@example.com)
- Donations of water bottles (regular size or mini) and store-bought treats (i.e. cookies, cupcakes, brownies, & mini chip bags). Please drop off donations to Ms. Kelly at the front office starting Tues., Oct. 16. Please know that we are serving the items on 10/25 and expiration dates for treats need to comply for us to serve. *Any questions about treat donations, please contact Ms. Kelly at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Friday, November 1 at 10am – Play comes to Seton
St. Elizabeth Seton has partnered with the Gulfshore Players and the Holocaust Museum to bring a special play to our campus. It is based on a true story of a local Holocaust survivor entitled “In Flight-the Story of Sabine Van Dam”. Students in grades 7 and 8 will participate in a special pre-theatre workshop on kindness and social justice and those students will attend the play. Parents of all students are welcome to attend as well. Following the play, students in grades 6-8 will participate in an ongoing program about spreading Kindness and making a difference at school, at home, and in the world. For more information about the play, visit https://www.gulfshoreplayhouse.org/education/in-flight/.
Monday, November 11 – Veterans Day Mass & Tribute
Seton is planning a tribute to veterans with a Veteran’s Day mass on Monday, Nov. 11 at 9am with reception following. If you or someone you know is a veteran and are able to attend the mass and tribute, please RSVP by Monday, Oct. 21 to Mrs. Groch at email@example.com with the following information: Name of Veteran attending, Phone #, Email, Branch of Service, Years of Service OR complete the flyer that was sent home with your student. Please note, there will be no school mass on Wed., Nov. 13.DOWNLOAD THE NAME REQUEST FORM
Saturday, March 28, 2020 SES Gala Auction
Havana Nights at The Vineyards Country Club Naples
Afterschool STREAM Club is a Big Hit- Session #1 is filled!
We are excited that so many students are interested in participating in the STREAM club. Session #1 has been filled; please choose between Session 2 or 3.
Important Calendar Updates!
- **New Date for 1st Spanish Club Meeting is Thursday, October 24. We will not meet on Oct. 31.
- Friday, Nov. 1 is All Saints Day. We will attend mass at 1:00pm. There will be no school mass on Wed. Oct. 30.
- Monday, Nov. 11 is Veterans Day. We will attend mass at 9am. There will be no school mass on Wed., Nov. 13.
Thanks to all who participated in our YANKEE CANDLE and Mystic Monk coffee fundraisers…Seton families are the best!