Happening This Week: Week of October 21, 2019
Monday, Oct. 21
1st quarter report cards go home;
Veterans Day RSVP’s due
Tuesday, Oct. 22
S.T.R.E.A.M. Club Session #1- School Cafeteria 3-4pm
Wednesday, Oct. 23
Weekly school mass @ 9am. Parents always welcome!
Dismissal is at 2pm on Wednesdays.
Thursday, Oct. 24
Ukulele Club Gr. 4-8 3:10-3:50pm;
First Spanish Club Meeting 3:15pm-4:15pm
Friday, Oct. 25
Noon Dismissal; Parent/teacher conferences
*Trunk or Treat 6-8pm
Important Calendar Updates!
- Friday, Nov. 1 is All Saints Day. We will attend mass at 1:00pm.
- There will be no school mass on Wed. Oct. 30.
- Monday, Nov. 11 is Veterans Day. We will attend mass at 9am.
- There will be no school mass on Wed., Nov. 13.
Veterans Day Reception Helpers – Nov. 11 (approx. 8:30am-11:30am) We hope to make it a special day for our beloved Veterans. We need a few helpers to setup food/refreshments, serve, and cleanup for our Veterans reception in the Parish Center following mass at 9am. If you can help, please contact Mrs. Groch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Do you have light carpentry skills? Mrs. Winter would greatly appreciate the construction of a life-sized manger for the Nativity play and for her drama class. This would be a wonderful donation to the drama department for many years to come! Please contact Mrs. Winter at email@example.com. Thank you so much.
October is Respect Life Month
Please remember your donations for the CPCI Baby bottle and supplies drive. We are participating in this service project on behalf of a community partner. Volunteer hours do not apply for these donations and are given only for donations and service for School projects and events. Thank you for your understanding and generosity!
Basketball tryouts for 4th-8th grade
- Girls: Tuesday October 29, 2019 3:15-4:30pm and Friday November 1, 2019 3:15-4:30pm.
- Boys: Thursday October 28, 2019 3:15-4:30pm and Monday November 4, 2019 3:15-4:30.
ALL TRYOUTS ARE POSTED ON THE SES APP. The entire basketball schedule will be posted as soon as organized.
Grateful for Your Presence!
Many thanks to all who joined us for the Blue Zones Ribbon Cutting & Panther Pep Rally. It was a fun celebration for the students and a great honor for Seton!
Saturday, December 7, 2019 – Seton Golf Benefit Tournament
The Club at The Strand Naples
We need players and family/business sponsors!
Early “Birdie” Special – Save $50 before 11/18/19.
We are offering a special incentive for St. Elizabeth Seton parents and parishioners. Any player who signs up before November 18th will receive the special rate of $100… a $50 savings on the player rate!DOWNLOAD THE SPECIAL RATE FLYER & REG FORM
We need golfers and sponsors to help make our event a great success. Sign up now to save, and have fun playing a round of golf in season for a great cause!
Thank you for supporting Catholic education at St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic School! Contact Coach T at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Groch at email@example.com for information or questions.
Many thanks to those who have already generously supported our event:
- Bishop Verot High School & St. Francis Xavier Catholic School – Team sponsor
- Trang Family – Course sponsor
- United Plastering – Course sponsor
- Marco Office Supply – Course sponsor
- Zynda Custom Homes – Course sponsor
- Dise Wealth Management – Course sponsor
- Kevin Gerrity, Fire Commissioner – Course sponsor
- Land Family – Scholarship Supporter
- McKenna Family – Scholarship Supporter
- Olde Florida Golf Club – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Eagle Creek Country Club – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Vanderbilt Country Club – Golf for 4 Certificate
- The Club at the Strand – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Golf Club of the Everglades – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Spring Run – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Copperleaf – Golf for 4 Certificate
- Glades Country Club – (2) Golf for 4 Certificates
- Cooper Hawk Winery – Wine Tasting for 4 Certificate
- The Arlington of Naples – Food Gift Basket
CONGRATULATIONS to our Students of the Week!
Box of Joy
Our school/church community will soon hear about Box of Joy. Box of Joy is a ministry of Cross Catholic Outreach and the Seton school and church community is happy to partner with them this year.
At Christmas we experience the joy of our Lord Jesus Christ and gift giving is a wonderful part of that experience. But severe poverty in developing countries deprives children of this joy. Parents are simply too poor to provide gifts. The Box of Joy ministry will allow the Seton community to send joy to the world!
Our NJHS students will be around to all homerooms next week to provide details of the program, and necessary materials, (boxes, gift idea lists, etc.). Prayerfully consider if you’d like to participate in this service project and if your family would like to fill more than one Box of Joy. Thank you in advance for participating in this simple yet tangible service experience that has both a material and spiritual impact on the poorest of the poor in developing countries. For more information on Box of Joy, visit https://crosscatholic.org/boxofjoy/
H.A.S.A. Event (Trunk or Treat!)
Friday, October 25th 6-8:00pm
Get your costume ready and your candy bucket, too! There will be pizza, treats, and water bottles for sale in the Parish Center!
Volunteers are needed for set-up, serving food, and clean-up. *Please contact Mrs. Eastman at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or sign up through the SignUp Genius link for Trunk or Treat: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508054BABAC29A0F58-seton2. We appreciate you!
- Set-Up: 3:30 p.m. – 5:45 p.m. (7 needed)
- Concession Sales: 5:45 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (8 needed)
- Clean Up: 7:45 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (7 needed)
- Decorated Trunks & 400 pieces of candy (30 needed)
- Sat. Morning Parking Lot Clean Up (time at discretion of the volunteer) (5 needed)
Please note all volunteer time needs to be emailed to (email@example.com).
To make this event possible, the following items are needed:
- Families to sign up to enter a decorated car/distribute candy, make donations of water bottles/treats, and/or volunteer at the event! *Any questions about signing up your car trunk please contact Miss Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Donations of water bottles (regular size or mini) and store-bought treats (i.e. cookies, cupcakes, brownies, & mini chip bags). Please drop off donations to Ms. Kelly at the front office starting Tues., Oct. 16. Please know that we are serving the items on 10/25 and expiration dates for treats need to comply for us to serve. *Any questions about treat donations, please contact Ms. Kelly at (email@example.com).
Friday, November 1 at 10am – Play comes to Seton
St. Elizabeth Seton has partnered with the Gulfshore Players and the Holocaust Museum to bring a special play to our campus. It is based on a true story of a local Holocaust survivor entitled “In Flight-the Story of Sabine Van Dam”. Students in grades 7 and 8 will participate in a special pre-theatre workshop on kindness and social justice and those students will attend the play. Parents of all students are welcome to attend as well. Following the play, students in grades 6-8 will participate in an ongoing program about spreading Kindness and making a difference at school, at home, and in the world. For more information about the play, visit https://www.gulfshoreplayhouse.org/education/in-flight/.
Monday, November 11 – Veterans Day Mass & Tribute
Seton is planning a tribute to veterans with a Veteran’s Day mass on Monday, Nov. 11 at 9am with reception following. If you or someone you know is a veteran and are able to attend the mass and tribute, please RSVP by Monday, Oct. 21 to Mrs. Groch at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Name of Veteran attending, Phone #, Email, Branch of Service, Years of Service OR complete the flyer that was sent home with your student. Please note, there will be no school mass on Wed., Nov. 13.DOWNLOAD THE VETERANS DAY NAME REQUEST FORM
Save the Date! – Saturday, March 28, 2020
SES Gala Auction – Havana Nights at The Vineyards Country Club Naples
Join the Spanish Club!
Spanish Club for grades 4-6 on Thursdays from 3:15pm-4:15pm in the Spanish Room.DOWNLOAD THE SPANISH CLUB FLYER HERE
Afterschool STREAM Club is a Big Hit- Session #1 is filled!
We are excited that so many students are interested in participating in the STREAM club. Session #1 has been filled; please choose between Session 2 or 3.