Dear Seton Families,
Next week our students in second through eighth grade will begin taking the TerraNova standardized achievement tests. Please keep them in your prayers! Also, invitations to our gala auction have been mailed. Please do join us for this wonderful event! We hope that all our families will attend this year to make memories, share fellowship and celebrate Seton. Have a wonderful week!
Spring Picture Day
Wednesday, February 27th is spring picture day. Dress in your Sunday best if having pictures taken. Those not having photos taken must wear school dress uniforms as this is a mass day.
Many thanks to those who have already sent in their registrations for the next school year. Please continue to send them in so that your child is assured a place for the 2019-2020 school year.
Last call for box tops! Please send these in no later than Monday, February 25th. Thank you!
Lost and Found
The lost and found bin is overflowing with shirts, jackets, lunchboxes and other items. Students should check the bin in the parish center before or after school to locate lost items. Unclaimed items that have been in the bin for more than a month eventually will be donated.
TITLE 1 Letters
An important letter went home to all Seton families about generating Title l funds. Please make sure this letter is returned to your child’s homeroom teacher.
Used Uniform Closet
Open every Thursday from 2:50-3:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
TERRANOVA TESTING – Important!
TERRANOVA tests begin on Monday, February 25th for students in second through eighth grade. Please note the following points which will ensure a smooth testing process:
- Students should come to school rested and on time; eating a healthy breakfast also is important.
- Please read all notes from your individual classroom/homeroom teachers about the assessments.
- Please refrain from making appointments, arriving late, and/or being absent unless ill.
- Students arriving late will wait in the office until their class has a break.
Students of the Week. Congratulations to our students of the week! Keep up your great work!
- PreK-3: Brian Hernandez
- PreK-4: Rihanna Guerrero
- KG: Rosa Bella Briceno
- 1st: Jacob Vargas
- 2nd: Delaney Long
Christian Character Awards for the Virtue of Patience (January)
- 3rd: Cloe Szempruch
- 4th: Rose Isaac
- 5th: Naelys Burdier
- 6th: Mariana Pelissier
- 7th: Lizmariam Rodriguez
- 8th: Esteban Pinilla
Sports News from Coach T
Track and Field
Saturday February 23, 2019 @ St. John Neumann High School Track
4th-8th grade boys and girls
Please visit the school app for other practice and game dates. The schedule will be updated as the practices and games dates and times become available.
Gala Auction: A NIGHT IN NAPA!! APRIL 6TH
HELP NEEDED!! SIX WEEKS TILL OUR EVENT!!
1) Do you know some area businesses that would be willing to donate items for the auction? Forms are available in the Advancement Office.
2) We are accepting gift cards (any amount) for goods and services, as well as bottles of wine ($10 value and above) for our auction. Please consider donating!
3) CLASS BASKETS: Grade level coordinators have been working hard to collect items to complete the baskets. Those already in look fabulous! There are so many great things included in the baskets, and these surely will generate a lot of excitement at our auction. Everyone’s cooperation with this is greatly appreciated. Remember to report your donations/contributions to the office for volunteer credit. Many thanks for all the wonderful things that have been contributed to create these baskets! Your generosity is deeply appreciated.
We’re moving into the home stretch of obtaining items for the silent auction. Please contact Dr. Fabii (email@example.com) if you can help with contacting businesses or picking up donations.
INVITATIONS HAVE BEEN MAILED! Tickets $75 – includes buffet dinner, wine bar, dancing, entertainment, live and silent auctions. Cash bar also available. SPECIAL THANKS to our SPONSORS and DONORS who recently committed contributions:
- Barre Fusion Pilates Studio
- Diamond District
- McAllister’s Deli
- Source Clothing
- The Paper Lantern
- Neapolitan Car Wash
- Boston Beer Garden
- Captain Krewe
- All Saints Eye Center
- The Ritz Carlton
- Hadinger Area Rug Gallery
Amazon Smile: Place your Amazon orders through https://Smile.Amazon.com, and help our school raise funds! Be sure to designate our school as beneficiary. Here is the direct link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/59-2112451
Upcoming Events | Save the Dates
FLORIDA EVERBLADES GAME ~ Friday, March 8th at 7:30 p.m. All tickets are sold online at this link: www.bladestix.com/ses. Come enjoy a fun night at the arena and hear our SES students sing the national anthem! We need more Seton singers for the anthem – a minimum of 15 students are required for us to do this. Please contact Ms. Watson by Tuesday, 2/26 to participate in singing the anthem.
SETON MOVIE NIGHT – Friday, March 29th; 7:00- 9:00 p.m. Seton Movie Night Sign Up Genius
SES KNIGHTS of COLUMBUS LENTEN FISH FRY
Please join our Knights on Fridays during Lent for a delicious fish fry dinner. These will from 5 to 7 p.m. beginning March 8th and ending on April 12th located in the school cafeteria.
Spring Concerts. Mark Your Calendars!
Friday, April 12 at 11:00 ~ 1st grade concert, Pete the Cat Rockin’ in My School Shoes
Friday, May 3 at 2:00 ~ 2nd and 3rd grade concert, The Day the Crayons Quit
Thursday, May 9 at 6:30 p.m. ~ Ensemble Concert with 4th, 5th, Middle School Band, Drama, Chorus
Thursday, May 30 at TBD Kinder graduation, The Very Hungry Caterpillar
St. John Neumann News
OPEN HOUSE on Sunday, February 24th from 3 to 5 p.m.
St. John the Evangelist is hosting a presentation by internationally acclaimed author and speaker Chris Stefanick on Thursday February 21st from 7-9:30 p.m. This event is open to students and their families and will be sure to inspire attendees to see the beauty in our Catholic faith. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased online at www.reallifecatholic.com/reboot
Did you know that 80% of our long-term health is determined not by our genes, but by our daily choices?! The choices you make today make a difference tomorrow.