Week of Jan. 30, 2023
This year’s theme for Catholic Schools Week is Faith, Excellence, Service. As we prepare to celebrate CSW this week, we are reminded of the many benefits a Catholic education provides and its impact in a child’s life…
Benefits of a Catholic Education:
- Catholic school students learn that God is present and active in their lives and in the world.
- Catholic school students learn that excellence is a response to God’s blessings.
- Catholic schools promote service as an essential component of their curriculum.
- Catholic schools promote self-discipline through clarity of moral vision based on the Gospel.
- Catholic school students learn to experience God’s grace and presence in their lives through their relationships with family, friends, and teachers.
Catholic schools are ranked #1 in the percentage of graduates who actively participate in civic and community activities such as voting, volunteering, letter writing to legislators, Catholic Concerns Day, and donations to charity, not just for a tax write-off, but out of a sense of the requirements of justice.
~Rev. Ronald J. Nuzzi, Ph.D., Dir. Catholic Leadership Programs, (ACE), Univ. of Notre Dame
Thank you believing in Catholic education and for the partnership we share…#SetonStrong!
Demand for enrollment at Seton is at an all-time high. Current families are asked to please re-enroll by the February 17 deadline to take advantage of the “Early Bird Enrollment Fee Discount”. This saves $100 on each student’s re-enrollment fee and guarantees your child’s seat for the 2023-24 school year. All re-enrollment is completed online via the FACTS Family Portal.
- Jan. 30-Feb. 3 – Catholic Schools Week (see CSW details attached!)
- Jan. 30-Feb. 3 – Volunteers needed for the Scholastic Book Fair – (see attached)
- Jan. 30-Feb. 3 – Power Pak Service Project for Catholic Charities by NJHS (see attached).
- Feb. 3 – Grandparents/Special Friends Day; Noon Dismissal
- Feb. 3 – Students wear Sunday Best (following school policy)
- Feb. 8 – Christian Character Awards
- Feb. 10 – SES Talent Show! 6pm in the Gym
- Feb. 13 No School – Teacher Professional Development Day
- Feb. 16 – Spring picture day
- Feb. 17 – Color Run Fun Fundraiser (see attached)
- Feb. 18 – Father/Daughter Dance (see attached)
- Feb. 20 – No School – President’s Day
- Feb. 21-3/8 – Terra Nova Testing Grades 2-8
- March 1 – Christian Character Awards
- March 9-10 – No School – Diocesan Professional Development Days
- March 13-17 – No School – Spring Break
- March 21 – Tribute to Dads- St. Joseph’s Event
- April 1 – SES Gala & Auction Event at The Player’s Club & Spa
- April 21 & 22 Seton Musical Production Godspell Jr. at 7pm at SJN
When shopping, don’t forget to visit the Seton sideline store for great prices on athletic gear…Go Panthers!!
Broadway Lights Gala – April 1, 2013
Player’s Club & Spa, Naples – 6-10pm
$150 pp includes Live Entertainment by Paul Todd, Jr.!, champagne reception, silent and live auctions, music, dancing, and lots of fun! Business sponsorship opportunities (contact email@example.com). Invitations coming home soon!
WE NEED YOUR HELP…
To make our Event a success! You will earn Volunteer Hours for Donations and for helping with the Gala!
- Business Donations – Do you know of businesses that would like to donate gift certificates, golf, vacation packages, services, or items for our Auction? Many businesses are willing to support St. Elizabeth Seton School, all you have to do is ask! Donations may be tax deductible. Please email Mrs. Groch for more information on business donations or sponsorships at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wine and champagne – Any variety $15 or more in value
- Gift Cards – Restaurants, sports, retail stores, services, vacation packages – $20 or more in value
- Class Baskets
If you have not already heard from room parents regarding class baskets, you will soon be getting information. Each class contributes a basket for the silent auction, and these are always very popular items.
Seton’s Got Talent!
Don’t miss the SES Talent Show, Friday, Feb. 10 at 6pm in the Gym! Click here for more information and student audition schedule. Hope to see you at the show!
Reserve your 2022-23 Yearbook early and save! Click here for online ordering instructions.
Support our school when shopping with Amazon!
AmazonSmile is a way to support our school every time you shop with Amazon. Shopping at smile.amazon.com is the same (same products, same prices, no cost to you) with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of eligible purchases to Seton. Signing up is easy – please share with your family and friends!
Here’s how to shop AmazonSmile:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials
- Under charitable locations choose (St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic School)
- Select your charity
- Start shopping!
- Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to shop here every time!
We are Grateful for you!
Don’t forget to Follow and Like us on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SESCatholicSchool