Week of May 3, 2021
Mark your Calendars:
- May 3-7 – Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week hosted by HASA
- May 9 – Happy Mother’s Day!
- May 12 – Christian Character Awards at Mass
- May 14 – Accelerated Reader (AR) Fair
- May 17 – Living Wax Museum by 5th & 6th grade class in Courtyard. 5th and 6th grade families invited to attend evening Wax Museum 5:30-6:30pm
- May 20 – 8th Grade Graduation 6pm at SES Church
- May 26 –4th quarter ends; Last day for students; Noon dismissal-No Aftercare
- Aug. 2 – Teachers return
- Aug. 9 – 1st Day of School for Students for 2021-22 school year
Congratulations to the newly inducted members of the National Junior Honor Society: Juan, Johannes, Logan, Valentina, Caroline, Jinho, Kyara, Mikayla, Wolfgang, Ariana, Isabela, Emma
Thanks to our awesome HASA, teachers/staff will be receiving special treats each day!
2021 AR Fair – Friday, May 14
Throughout the year, students have been reading and taking AR tests to reach their monthly reading goals. Students earn points for the months they accomplished their goal. To celebrate reading success, students will attend the AR Fair where they can spend points on games, purchases from the AR Store, and buying snacks! Since last year’s AR Fair had to be cancelled, points earned last school year will be added to this year’s points! We are looking forward to a fun time celebrating and rewarding the reading achievements of our students in PK3-8!
AR Fair Donations & Volunteers Needed!
Volunteers needed to assist with AR Fair setup on Thursday, May 13 (3:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.) and Friday, May 14th (8:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.) Any amount of time is much appreciated! Please contact Mrs. Winter (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up! (Volunteers must be fingerprinted/safe environment trained)
Donations of Individual bags of chips and popsicles needed. Please contact Nichole Eastman (email@example.com) re:donations. Please bring in no later than Thurs., May 6th. Thanks!
Living Wax Museum – Mon., May 17- Hosted by 5th and 6th Grade!
Students have researched a historical/famous person who is influential or made an impact in our world. On the day of the event, students will have prepared a display board with information/ pictures and a short speech sharing the highlights of their chosen person’s life. Students from PK3 – 8th grade will visit the Living Wax Museum during school hours. The 5th and 6th grade classes will stand at attention and fully portray themselves as a wax figure. When a student presses their button, the wax museum figure will come to life and share their 20-30 second prepared speech. 5th and 6th grade families are welcome to attend the evening Living Wax Museum event on Monday, May 17 from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. We are looking forward to great learning experience for all!
Celebrating 40 Years of Excellence in Catholic Education!
The Seton community is responding with such overwhelming support for our campus expansion and improvements! Many, many thanks to all families and supporters who have already responded with a donation or pledge. Please share our plans with anyone you know who believes in the value of Catholic education and can help us meet our $50K match by the end of May! Keep us in your prayers as together we continue to be…#SetonStrong!
Campus Expansion Program includes:
- Administration Building. The new building will provide a secure single point of entry (between the elementary and middle school building) with administrative services in one location, freeing up valuable classroom space while enhancing the overall campus. Our goal is to raise $600,000 by the end of 2021 to begin construction. With $200,000 raised so far, we are on our way!
- Replace the portable lost in Hurricane Irma. The cost of the portable is $68,000 and has been 100% donor funded! It is ready to install, providing additional middle school classroom space.
- A New Related Arts Center. Over the summer months the cafeteria will be redesigned as our new Related Arts Center. Music, Band, Art and our new STREAM + ROBOTICS program will be centrally located in one building. We’re excited to provide comprehensive STREAM + ROBOTICS for all students in PK3-8 in the 2021-2022 school year. (completely donor funded)
- Larger Cafeteria Space. The Parish Center will be used as our Cafeteria providing more space for students to eat, gather, and socialize at lunchtime.
Don’t forget to Follow and Like us on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SESCatholicSchool #SetonStrong!
NEW and Renewal families may APPLY NOW through Step Up For Students for a Gardiner Scholarship for the 2021-22 school year.
Gardiner Scholarship funding is limited, and applications are processed based on the following priority:
- After April 30, 2021, depending on available funding, applications are processed in this order: 1) students who were on the 2020-21 Gardiner Scholarship waitlist and 2.) new and renewal students in the order they are determined eligible.
- Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Within the above priority groups, students will be awarded based on the date and time eligibility was determined. If funding is not available at the time an award determination is made, the student may be placed on the waitlist. For questions, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Service Center at 877-735-7837, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET.
New families may now apply through Step Up For Students for an income-based scholarship (either the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship or the Family Empowerment Scholarship) for the 2021-22 school year. Apply as soon as possible as funding is limited. IMPORTANT: In order to assure timely processing for a full scholarship, Step Up needs to receive the application and all required documents by June 1, 2021. Step Up will continue to accept applications after June 1, but cannot assure those received after that date will be processed in time to receive a full award. For questions, please contact email@example.com, or call the Service Center at 877-735-7837, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET.