Week of May 17, 2021
Mark your Calendars:
- May 17 – Living Wax Museum hosted by 5th & 6th grade class in Courtyard; 5th and 6th grade families invited to attend evening Wax Museum 5:30-6:30pm
- May 20 – 8th Grade Graduation 6pm at SES Church
- May 21 – Seton Band Performance 5pm in the gym
- May 26 –4th quarter ends; Last day for students; Noon dismissal-No Aftercare; End of School Family BBQ!
- Aug. 2 – Teachers return
- Aug. 9 – 1st Day of School for Students for 2021-22 school year
Message from SES Parish…Tuition Assistance Available
Because of the generosity of parishioners at St. Elizabeth Seton Parish, there is tuition assistance available for families that enroll their students in our parish school and/or at St. John Neumann Catholic High School. Families must have demonstrated financial need (FACTS application), be registered at the parish and be active in parish life. To pursue the possibility of tuition assistance from the parish, please send an email to Mrs. Beverly Aviles, Parish Business Manager, at BAviles@StElizabethSeton.org.
Save the Date for Together in Holiness Marriage Conference
- Saturday, October 2, 2021 10am-5pm
- St. Agnes in Naples and St. Thomas Moore in Sarasota
- Presented by the St. John Paul II Foundation and the Diocese of Venice in Florida
- Dynamic Presentations | Mass | Childcare | Eucharistic Adoration | Reconciliation
- Featuring: Kevin and Lisa Cotter, and more!
- For more info., visit togetherinholiness.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Together in Holiness is a marriage conference series inspiring spouses to grow together in holiness and empowers parents to form their children in the Catholic faith.
Campus Expansion Program Update
Since 3/27/21, we have received raised an additional $175,000! If you haven’t sent in your pledge/donation, please do so as soon as possible to ensure we meet our goal. The Seton community is responding with overwhelming support and we are so grateful for all who have already responded with a donation or pledge. Please share our plans with anyone you know who believes in the value of Catholic education and keep us in your prayers as together we continue to be…#SetonStrong!
Living Wax Museum – Mon., May 17- Hosted by 5th and 6th Grade!
Students have researched a historical/famous person who is influential or made an impact in our world. As a wax figure, they will portray and tell about that person for the rest of the school. 5th and 6th grade families are welcome to attend the evening Living Wax Museum event on Monday, May 17 from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. We are looking forward to great learning experience for all!
Seton Band Performance- May 21
We will be showcasing the talents of Seton Band students on Friday, May 21 at 5pm in the school gym. Although we’ve had a challenging year, our Band students under the guidance of Ms. Angela Currier, have made wonderful progress. We are excited for this opportunity for beginning 5th grade and middle school Band students to demonstrate their talents and hard work. Hope to see you there!
End of Year BBQ – May 26
The end of the year is approaching and we can’t wait to celebrate with our Seton family at a small BBQ on the last day of school after dismissal! Please sign up using the signup genius link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090F4EA9A82FA3FC1-endofyear.
To volunteer or donate: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090F4EA9A82FA3FC1-help
Drop off donated items to the office before 5/26. We look forward to seeing you there! Questions, contact AshleyLLong@gmail.com.
Please click here for this week’s Counselor’s Corner — Inexpensive Ideas for Summer Fun from Dr. Fabii.
Message from the Blue Zones Project
The Blue Zones Project has a free well-being activity for all SW Florida residents called the Real Age Test. They are looking for as many people over the age of 18 to take 10 minutes and fill it out. Results are strictly private, and within a short amount of time you will get the results of how your real age correlates to your chronological age. (When asked for an organization, fill in “Not Applicable”). You will then have an opportunity to receive tips on how to lower your real age and become healthier. https://bzpsouthwestflorida.sharecare.com
Don’t forget to Follow and Like us on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SESCatholicSchool #SetonStrong!
NEW and Renewal families may APPLY NOW through Step Up For Students for a Gardiner Scholarship for the 2021-22 school year.
Gardiner Scholarship funding is limited, and applications are processed based on the following priority:
- After April 30, 2021, depending on available funding, applications are processed in this order: 1) students who were on the 2020-21 Gardiner Scholarship waitlist and 2.) new and renewal students in the order they are determined eligible.
- Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Within the above priority groups, students will be awarded based on the date and time eligibility was determined. If funding is not available at the time an award determination is made, the student may be placed on the waitlist. For questions, you may contact email@example.com, or call the Service Center at 877-735-7837, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET.
New families may now apply through Step Up For Students for an income-based scholarship (either the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship or the Family Empowerment Scholarship) for the 2021-22 school year. Apply as soon as possible as funding is limited. IMPORTANT: In order to assure timely processing for a full scholarship, Step Up needs to receive the application and all required documents by June 1, 2021. Step Up will continue to accept applications after June 1, but cannot assure those received after that date will be processed in time to receive a full award. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Service Center at 877-735-7837, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET.