Week of April 26, 2021
Mark your Calendars:
- April 25 – Yearbook orders due!
- May 12 – Christian Character Awards at Mass
- May 14 – Accelerated Reader (AR) Fair
- May 17 – Living Wax Museum by 5th & 6th grade class in Courtyard. 5th and 6th grade families invited to attend evening Wax Museum 5:30-6:30pm
- May 20 – 8th Grade Graduation 6pm at SES Church
- May 26 –4th quarter ends; Last day for students; Noon dismissal-No Aftercare
Campus Expansion Program
The Seton community is responding with such overwhelming support for our campus expansion and improvements! Many, many thanks to all families and supporters who have already responded with a donation or pledge. Please share our plans with anyone you know who believes in the value of Catholic education and can help us meet our $50K match by the end of May! Keep us in your prayers as together we continue to be…#SetonStrong!
Sunday is the last night to order your student’s 2020-2021 Seton yearbook! Yearbooks must be preordered online at https://strawbridge.fotomerchanthv.com/search/FMYB113377. Yearbooks will be delivered to students the last week of school. Thank you!
2021 AR Fair – Friday, May 14
Throughout the year, students have been reading and taking AR tests to reach their monthly reading goals. Students earn points for the months they accomplished their goal. To celebrate reading success, students will attend the AR Fair where they can spend points on games, purchases from the AR Store, and buying snacks! Since last year’s AR Fair had to be cancelled, points earned last school year will be added to this year’s points! We are looking forward to a fun time celebrating and rewarding the reading achievements of our students in PK3-8!
AR Fair Donations & Volunteers Needed!
Volunteers needed to assist with AR Fair setup on Thursday, May 13 (3:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.) and Friday, May 14th (8:15 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.) Any amount of time is much appreciated! Please contact Mrs. Winter (email@example.com) to sign up! (Volunteers must be fingerprinted/safe environment trained)
Donations of Individual bags of chips and popsicles needed. Please contact Nichole Eastman (firstname.lastname@example.org) re:donations. Please bring in no later than Thurs., May 6th. Thanks!
Living Wax Museum – Mon., May 17- Hosted by 5th and 6th Grade!
Students have researched a historical/famous person who is influential or made an impact in our world. On the day of the event, students will have prepared a display board with information/ pictures and a short speech sharing the highlights of their chosen person’s life. Students from PK3 – 8th grade will visit the Living Wax Museum during school hours. The 5th and 6th grade classes will stand at attention and fully portray themselves as a wax figure. When a student presses their button, the wax museum figure will come to life and share their 20-30 second prepared speech. 5th and 6th grade families are welcome to attend the evening Living Wax Museum event on Monday, May 17 from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. We are looking forward to great learning experience for all!
Celebrating 40 Years of Excellence in Catholic Education!
Dear Seton Families and Friends:
We are excited to share our future plans with all of you! As you know, demand for enrollment at Seton is growing and we need more classroom and administrative space to properly meet the needs of our students and families.
We could think of no better time than during our 40th Anniversary year to implement our Campus Expansion Program including many improvements for the 2021-22 school year:
- Replace the portable lost in Hurricane Irma. The cost of the portable is $68,000 and has been 100% donor funded! It is ready to install, providing additional middle school classroom space.
- A New Related Arts Center. Over the summer months the cafeteria will be redesigned as our new Related Arts Center. Music, Band, Art and our new STREAM + ROBOTICS program will be centrally located in one building. We’re excited to provide comprehensive STREAM + ROBOTICS for all students in PK3-8 in the 2021-2022 school year. (completely donor funded)
- Larger Cafeteria Space. The Parish Center will be used as our Cafeteria providing more space for students to eat, gather, and socialize at lunchtime.
- Administration Building. The new building will provide a secure single point of entry (between the elementary and middle school building) with administrative services in one location, freeing up valuable classroom space while enhancing the overall campus. Our goal is to raise $600,000 by the end of 2021 to begin construction. With $200,000 already in hand, we are on our way!
A generous donor will match up to $50K raised through the end of May, 2021. We are looking for 100% participation from our families before the end of this school year to meet that match. Will you help us continue the legacy begun 40 years ago with a one-time or monthly gift. Download the Pledge Card here. Please spread the word to all you know who can help. No amount is too small, or too large!
Thank you for your prayers, support, and partnership and keeping us forever…#SetonStrong!
Mrs. Maria Niebuhr, M.Ed.
Don’t forget to Follow and Like us on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SESCatholicSchool #SetonStrong!
We have great news. New families may now apply through Step Up For Students for an income-based scholarship (either the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship or the Family Empowerment Scholarship) for the 2021-22 school year. Apply as soon as possible as funding is limited.
Upon review of a family’s application and supporting documents, Step Up For Students will determine if the student qualifies for either the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship or the Family Empowerment Scholarship.
IMPORTANT: In order to assure timely processing for a full scholarship, Step Up needs to receive the application and all required documents by June 1, 2021. Step Up will continue to accept applications after June 1, but cannot assure those received after that date will be processed in time to receive a full award.
Please keep in mind:
- Step Up For Students is required by law to give priority to lower-income families. However, families of higher income may also be eligible and are encouraged to apply.
- Note: If a family’s income is found to be over 260% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, the student is not eligible for the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship but may be eligible for the Family Empowerment Scholarship. All students applying for a Family Empowerment Scholarship (FES) and parents on application MUST include a valid Social Security Number to be eligible.
For questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com, or call our Service Center at 877-735-7837, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET.
Step Up For Students
While shopping, don’t forget Amazon Smile – Seton H.A.S.A. Fundraiser
AmazonSmile is a way to support our school every time you shop with Amazon. Shopping at smile.amazon.com is the same (same products, same prices, no cost to you) with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of eligible purchases to Seton. Signing up is easy – please share with your family and friends!