Week of April 12, 2021
We hope everyone enjoyed a happy and blessed Easter! We are looking forward to welcoming our students, staff and families back to school. After careful thought and consideration, we’re excited to begin school wide prayers in the gym starting Monday, April 12. For the safety and well-being of our students, parents may not join us for prayers at this time.
All students will continue to have temperature checks. Students arriving between 7:30-7:40am will enter through the gym, before being sent to their classrooms at 7:40am. Students entering after 7:40am will go to their classrooms via the gates between middle school and the gym. At 7:54am, students will once again enter the gym and meet up with their classes. PK3 and PK4 will continue morning prayers in their classrooms and Student of the Week will be announced in the gym with certificates presented in the individual classrooms.
Picture envelopes will be sent home containing a composite of students in each class (only students who were at Seton by Oct. will receive an envelope). Parents may order online at www.strawbridge.net, click on order pictures using the order code FM 352498 and complete the required information, or by check made out to Strawbridge Studios for $12. If choosing not to order, please send the envelope back to school. The deadline for ordering or sending pictures back to school is Friday, April 23. Thank you!
Mark your Calendars:
- April 12 – Classes resume; schoolwide morning prayers begins
- April 14 – Christian Character Awards at Mass
- April 23 – Class composite picture orders due
- May 12 – Christian Character Awards at Mass
- May 20 – 8th Grade Graduation 6pm at SES Church
- May 26 – Last day for students; Noon dismissal-No Aftercare; 4th quarter ends
Don’t forget to Follow and Like us on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SESCatholicSchool #SetonStrong!
40 is Fabulous…and we are Grateful!
Many thanks once again to our Seton families & staff who volunteered and/or donated to make our 40th Anniversary Event on 3-27 a great success! We are so grateful to HASA for hosting our week-long Book Fair whose proceeds entitle the school to over $2,600 in Scholastic dollars! Thank you to Sra. Cole for organizing our student talent show, showcasing the talents of our amazing students! We extend our appreciation to Paul Todd and PJ for another phenomenal concert performance on behalf of Seton. Special recognition to our auction donors: The Hideout Golf Club, Glades Country Club, Artis Naples Baker Museum, Tom Trovato Floral Design, Bonefish Grill, Tommy Bahama, Trader Joe’s, DeRomo’s Restaurant, Happily Ever After Consignment. We continue our proud legacy as we kick off the start of our 40th year!
We have great news. New families may now apply through Step Up For Students for an income-based scholarship (either the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship or the Family Empowerment Scholarship) for the 2021-22 school year. Apply as soon as possible as funding is limited.
Upon review of a family’s application and supporting documents, Step Up For Students will determine if the student qualifies for either the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship or the Family Empowerment Scholarship.
IMPORTANT: In order to assure timely processing for a full scholarship, Step Up needs to receive the application and all required documents by June 1, 2021. Step Up will continue to accept applications after June 1, but cannot assure those received after that date will be processed in time to receive a full award.
Please keep in mind:
- Step Up For Students is required by law to give priority to lower-income families. However, families of higher income may also be eligible and are encouraged to apply.
- Note: If a family’s income is found to be over 260% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, the student is not eligible for the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship but may be eligible for the Family Empowerment Scholarship. All students applying for a Family Empowerment Scholarship (FES) and parents on application MUST include a valid Social Security Number to be eligible.
- We strongly recommend families use Google Chrome as their browser when applying or navigating their Step Up For Students account.
- Schools MAY NOT ask for, or require, a parent to provide their username or password in order to access the student’s scholarship account.
- Parents can upload documents immediately to their online application. They can also submit required documents via fax.
For questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com, or call our Service Center at 877-735-7837, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET.
Step Up For Students
Please note: This message does not apply to the Gardiner Scholarship Program (for children with certain special needs) or the Hope Scholarship.
Building a Culture of Catholic Stewardship
Our school community needs donors and sponsors to support our mission. Please refer anyone who believes in the importance of affordable, quality Catholic education now and for future generations, to: https://saintelizabethseton.com/giving/
While shopping, don’t forget Amazon Smile – Seton H.A.S.A. Fundraiser
AmazonSmile is a way to support our school every time you shop with Amazon. Shopping at smile.amazon.com is the same (same products, same prices, no cost to you) with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of eligible purchases to Seton. Signing up is easy – please share with your family and friends!