Week of December 7, 2020
Mark your Calendars
- Dec. 7 – Used Uniform Closet open – 3:30-4:30 p.m. in the Cafeteria. Penguin Patch Holiday Shop begins
- Dec. 9 – Christian Character award for Nov.; Fall picture retakes and Fall pictures for distance learners (mass uniform)
- Dec. 11 – A Seton Family Christmas 6pm (see below)
- Dec. 18 – Noon dismissal – No Aftercare; End of 2nd Quarter
- Dec. 21-Jan. 4 – Christmas break
- Jan. 5 – Students return.
- Picture Day for Distance Learners! Wed., Dec. 9 at 8:00am in the Gym
Please wear your mass uniform (we will provide a blazer for middle school students). Orders can be placed online at STRAWBRIDGE.NET entering the code FM352677 (please bring copy of online order confirmation), or by check using the envelopes provided that day. We look forward to having ALL of our students’ pictures taken! Any questions, please contact Mrs. Rendon.
Step Up for Students Payment Approval
Any families receiving this scholarship are reminded to please approve their second quarter payments to the school as soon as possible. Thank you!
Counselor’s Corner – December 7, 2020
Finding Peace This Holiday Season!
It’s not unusual for many children and adults to experience increased anxiety and/or depression during the holidays. This year, with all the changes we’ve endured and the uncertainty and difficulties that come with coping with a global pandemic, many are struggling to hold onto any semblance of peace. Extra stress this holiday season may depend upon which hardships your family is experiencing. Think of getting extra support this year if your family is affected by any of the following circumstances:
- Job loss, food insecurity, issues with remote work and learning
- A parent or caregiver with physical or mental health issues
- Children with special needs
- Grieving the loss of a loved one
- Coping with Covid-19
Despite such difficult circumstances, moments of joy can be found while enjoying the company of your children this holiday season. It can bring your family closer and boost everyone’s moods. Try using extra downtime to do some of these things together as a family:
- Use your talents to volunteer, to help others, or to give back to the community.
- Talk about your family’s culture, heritage, values and spiritual beliefs. Cook together and make some favorite family recipes.
- Find ways to play and laugh together. Consider making special cloth face coverings to wear during the holiday season.
- Aim to be present in the moment. Teach children to be mindful and to use relaxation to cut down on stress.
- Practice gratitude as a family.
As we continue to navigate these unprecedented times, the holiday season may feel very different for both children and adults, especially if exacerbated by other difficult issues. Instead of dwelling on the stress, families can try to focus on ways to strengthen their bonds as well as to give to others, however that may be possible. Doing so will build both family and individual resilience that will last long after the pandemic is over.
Penguin Patch Holiday Shop Dec. 7 – Dec. 11
It’s the most wonderful time of the year and HASA is bringing back the Penguin Patch for kids’ Holiday Shop! Anyone who is fingerprinted and safe environment trained may volunteer (Seton COVID mask policy applies). Please use the sign-up genius link to volunteer: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508054BABAC29A0F58-seton4.
The Schedule for shopping is as follows:
1:18-2:44 Grade 3
9:38-11:04 7th Grade
11:06-12:32 4th Grade
12:34-1:16 Make Up Shopping
1:18-2:44 6th Grade
8:10-9:32 Make up Shopping
10:17-11:41 First grade
11:43-12:24 Make Up Shopping
12:26-1:50 5th Grade
8:10-9:36 8th Grade
11:06-12:32 2nd Grade
12:34-2:44 Make Up Shopping
8:10-12:32 Make Up Shopping
A Seton Family Christmas – The Reason for the Season!
Please join us outdoors on Friday, December 11, 2020 anytime from 6:00-7:30pm (parking lot in front of school). Walk through our live (student) nativity, hear a narrated Christmas story, enjoy our lighted Christmas tree, traditional Christmas music, decorations, school video display, hot chocolate and treats!
In the spirit of the season of giving, we will be collecting toys and clothing for Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in Immokalee. Please bring a wrapped gift for a child age newborn – 13 years, indicating on the box whether it is a toy or clothing and age level, and place under our lighted tree.
Students and families are asked to practice the safety protocols of social distancing and wearing face coverings at this event to ensure the health and safety of all. We hope to see you there!
**Many thanks to all who donated Christmas lights and other decorations. We are still collecting white lights (especially icicle lights) and any outdoor religious décor. Volunteer hours given for donations.
12 Days of Christmas Giving thru Dec. 17
Christmas Service Project Sponsored by NJHS Students. St. Elizabeth Seton School will be collecting food donations to support the Weekend Power Pack Food Program of Catholic Charities.
- Monday, December 7-Oatmeal
- Tuesday, December 8-Jelly
- Wednesday, December 9-Cereal Bars
- Thursday, December 10-Crackers
- Friday, December 11-Fruit Cups
- Monday, December 14-Canned Chili
- Tuesday, December 15-Applesauce Cups
- Wednesday, December 16-Peanut Butter
- Thursday, December 17-Canned Vegetables
Building a Culture of Catholic Stewardship
Our school community needs donors and sponsors to support our mission. Please help spread the word to friends, family and others who believe in the importance of affordable, quality Catholic education now and for future generations. Visit https://saintelizabethseton.com/giving/
Shopping for Christmas? Don’t forget Amazon Smile – Seton H.A.S.A. Fundraiser
AmazonSmile is a way to support our school every time you shop with Amazon. Shopping at smile.amazon.com is the same (same products, same prices, no cost to you) with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of eligible purchases to Seton. Signing up is easy – please share with your family and friends! Here’s how to shop AmazonSmile:
1. Visit smile.amazon.com
2. Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials
3. Under charitable locations choose (St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic School)
4. Select your charity
5. Start shopping!
6. Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to shop here every time!