Week of November 9, 2020
Mark your Calendars
- Nov. 11 – Christian Character award for October virtue of Knowledge; Veteran’s Day Mass and Tribute
- Nov. 16 –Deadline for HASA Fundraiser – Item Orders from Nancy Daniels Catalog & Online Store (see below)
- Nov. 25-30 – Thanksgiving Break – No School
- Dec. 1 – Classes resume; #Giving Tuesday
- Dec. 7 – Used Uniform Closet open – 3:30-4:30 p.m. in the Cafeteria.
- Dec. 9 – Christian Character award for Nov.
- Dec. 11 – Christmas Program (more details to be announced)
A Salute to Veterans!
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 at 9:30am
We will be having a Veteran’s Day mass on Wednesday, Nov. 11 at 9:30am followed by a Tribute to our Veterans presented by the students. All takes place at SES church. If you know a veteran you would like us to pray for, please submit their name, branch of service, rank and dates of service to Mrs. Groch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank You for Helping Us Honor Our Beloved Veterans!
Altar Servers needed!
As an Altar Server, your son or daughter gives a unique witness of service to the entire St. Elizabeth Seton community and plays a key role in the success and prayerfulness of every Mass. Students earn volunteer hours while being part of this important ministry. Trainings for altar servers will be announced in advance. Contact the church Faith Formation office at (239) 455-3900, or email Hector Salazar at HSalazar@stelizabethseton.org or Claudia Herrera at email@example.com for more information. Thank you for your consideration and support!
Please click here for this week’s Counselor’s Corner— Emotional Emergency Kit from Dr. Fabii.
This year, our school has partnered with American Fundraising, a local Florida company. Items purchased from the Catalog and the Nancy Daniels Online Store earn profits for our school. Items include everything from Otis Spunkmeyer Cookie Dough, Dinner Casseroles, Holiday Gift Items & Décor, Gourmet Chocolates, Jewelry, Online Only Specials, and much, much more!
Preview the Nancy Daniels Gourmet Favorites Catalog
Preview the Nancy Daniels Fall Gift Catalog
- Start Date: 11/3/2020
- End Date: 11/16/2020
- Estimated Delivery of Products: Early/Mid December
Easy steps for ordering
- Access the online shopping site by clicking on the following link to register a student: Click here to register a student online, or by visiting www.fundsrus.net, select Student Registration and enter school code 651208233.
- Complete the 2 minute registration.
- Shop online and invite family & friends to also shop and support the fundraiser. (And earn your 1st Online Bonus Collectible)
- Free Shipping for all orders over $75 that are shipped to the home, and for all orders shipped direct to the school.
- Shop from the flyers sent home with your student on 11/3. Please do not add sales tax. Make checks payable to St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic School.
Frozen & Chocolate items are only available to ship to the school on a temperature controlled vehicle. These items will be in around mid-December and we will have a CDC approved no contact pick up process in place to keep everyone safe. More details on this will be provided once a date is secured.
Prizes for the students
- All students that participate by purchasing 1 or more items will be entered into the $1000 Florida Family Beach Vacation Sweepstakes (drawing in May 2021) to South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island. https://www.southseas.com/
- Attached is the Teamwork prize flyer with all cool prizes you can earn like a Flat Screen Smart TV or a Nintendo Switch Lite! 2 Minute Video – Earn Teamwork Prizes
- Collect & Trade Animal Stackers Collectibles by turning in vouchers to the school as you sell items in the fundraiser – see attached. Earn your first collectible by simply registering online and inviting family & friends to participate in the fundraiser. Virtual students will be issued collectibles at the time orders are being distributed. 1 Minute Video – Check out the Animal Stackers Collectibles
HASA is able to help with all the little things that make a big difference in our students’ education, such as technology and classroom enhancements. We count on the support of Seton families and friends and need your help to reach our goal. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the fundraiser, please contact AshleyLLong@gmail.com.
Thank you for participating in this year’s HASA fundraiser! We are truly blessed and #SetonStrong!
Shopping for Christmas?
Don’t forget Amazon Smile – Seton H.A.S.A. Fundraiser
AmazonSmile is a way to support our school every time you shop with Amazon. Shopping at smile.amazon.com is the same (same products, same prices, no cost to you) with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of eligible purchases to Seton. Signing up is easy – please share with your family and friends!
Here’s how to shop AmazonSmile:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials
- Under charitable locations choose (St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic School)
- Select your charity
- Start shopping!
- Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to shop here every time!
Building a Culture of Catholic Stewardship
Our school community needs donors and sponsors to support our mission. Please help spread the word to friends, family and others who believe in the importance of affordable, quality Catholic education now and for future generations. On #GivingTuesday, December 1, 2020, we will ask all in our community to give charitably to ensure the gift of Catholic education at St. Elizabeth Seton endures. Visit https://saintelizabethseton.com/giving/
Zoom with SDL Learners
Teachers are available every Wednesday from 2:30-3:15pm to Zoom with Virtual Learners.