Week of November 16, 2020
Mark your Calendars
- Nov. 16 –Deadline for HASA Fundraiser – Item Orders from Nancy Daniels Catalog & Online Store (see below)
- Nov. 18 – Christian Character award for October virtue of Knowledge; Veteran’s Day Mass and Tribute (rescheduled from Nov. 11)
- Nov. 24 – Thanksgiving food collection for St. Vincent DePaul due
- Nov. 25-30 – Thanksgiving Break – No School
- Dec. 1 – Classes resume; #Giving Tuesday
- Dec. 7 – Used Uniform Closet open – 3:30-4:30 p.m. in the Cafeteria.
- Dec. 9 – Christian Character award for Nov.
- Dec. 11 – Christmas Program 6pm (details to be announced)
Step Up For Students – Parent approval required by 11/20
Families receiving this scholarship should have received an email from info@SUFS.org with subject line “immediate action needed” for second distribution payment.
Parent Approval Instructions:
- Log in to Step Up For Students account.
- Click “Check the Status of an Application.”
- Click the link found within the red text to review student’s payment.
- Review, complete and submit the electronic form for student’s payment.
Due to increased volume, parents may experience delays logging into their account. Step Up is working diligently to resolve this. Please be patient and continue to check back to complete the above steps. SES requests parents approve payments by Friday, November 20. Thank you!
Spirit of Giving
In keeping with our Virtue of Generosity for the month of November, the Seton School community will be collecting items on behalf of the Naples St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry beginning Monday, Nov. 16 through Tuesday, Nov. 24.
The following items are most needed at this time:
- Paper Goods – Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Tissues, Napkins, etc.
- Cooking Oil – Canola, Olive, Vegetable, etc.
- Beverages – apple juice, grape juice, juice boxes, Capri Sun pouches, Gatorade
- Pasta Noodles
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Peanut Butter
As always, thank you for your Generosity to others! (Donations are for a service project and do not qualify for school volunteer hours).
HASA Fundraiser – End Date: 11/16/2020
Preview the Nancy Daniels Gourmet Favorites Catalog
Preview the Nancy Daniels Fall Gift Catalog
Items include everything from Otis Spunkmeyer Cookie Dough, Dinner Casseroles, Holiday Gift Items & Décor, Gourmet Chocolates, Jewelry, Online Only Specials, and much, much more!
Prizes for the students
- All students that participate by purchasing 1 or more items will be entered into the $1000 Florida Family Beach Vacation Sweepstakes (drawing in May 2021) to South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island. https://www.southseas.com/
- Attached is the Teamwork prize flyer with all cool prizes you can earn like a Flat Screen Smart TV or a Nintendo Switch Lite! 2 Minute Video – Earn Teamwork Prizes
- Collect & Trade Animal Stackers Collectibles by turning in vouchers to the school as you sell items in the fundraiser – see attached. Earn your first collectible by simply registering online and inviting family & friends to participate in the fundraiser. Virtual students will be issued collectibles at the time orders are being distributed. 1 Minute Video – Check out the Animal Stackers Collectibles
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the fundraiser, please contact AshleyLLong@gmail.com. Thank you for participating in this year’s HASA fundraiser! We are truly blessed and #SetonStrong!
A Salute to Veterans!
Wednesday, November 18, 2020 at 9:30am
Due to inclement weather on Nov. 11, we have rescheduled our Veteran’s Day Tribute to Wednesday, Nov. 18. Mass begins at 9:30am followed by a Tribute to our Veterans given by the students. All takes place at SES church. Any questions, please contact Mrs. Groch at email@example.com or call 239-455-2262. Thank You for Helping Us Honor Our Beloved Veterans!
Please click here for this week’s Counselor’s Corner— Prayer at Our Fingertips from Dr. Fabii.
Altar Servers needed!
As an Altar Server, your son or daughter gives a unique witness of service to the entire St. Elizabeth Seton community and plays a key role in the success and prayerfulness of every Mass. Students earn volunteer hours while being part of this important ministry. Trainings for altar servers will be announced in advance. Contact the church Faith Formation office at (239) 455-3900, or email Hector Salazar at HSalazar@stelizabethseton.org or Claudia Herrera at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Thank you for your consideration and support!
Shopping for Christmas? Don’t forget Amazon Smile – Seton H.A.S.A. Fundraiser
AmazonSmile is a way to support our school every time you shop with Amazon. Shopping at smile.amazon.com is the same (same products, same prices, no cost to you) with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of eligible purchases to Seton. Signing up is easy – please share with your family and friends!
Here’s how to shop AmazonSmile:
1. Visit smile.amazon.com
2. Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials
3. Under charitable locations choose (St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic School)
4. Select your charity
5. Start shopping!
6. Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to shop here every time!
Building a Culture of Catholic Stewardship
Our school community needs donors and sponsors to support our mission. Please help spread the word to friends, family and others who believe in the importance of affordable, quality Catholic education now and for future generations. On #GivingTuesday, December 1, 2020, we will ask all in our community to give charitably to ensure the gift of Catholic education at St. Elizabeth Seton endures. Visit https://saintelizabethseton.com/giving/