Week of October 12, 2020
Mark your Calendars:
- Oct. 12 – No School – Teacher In-service day
- Oct. 16 – Student Health screening (Gr. K, 1, 3, 6)
- Oct. 28 – Fall Picture Day
- Nov. 2 – Used Uniform Closet open. It will be open the first Monday of each month from 3:30-4:30 p.m. in the Cafeteria. Upcoming dates are: 11/2 and 12/7.
- Nov. 6 – Noon dismissal; Parent-Teacher Conference day
- Nov. 11 – Christian Character award for October virtue of Knowledge; Veteran’s Day Mass and Tribute
A Salute to Veterans!
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 at 9:30am
We will be having a Veteran’s Day mass on Wednesday, Nov. 11 at 9:30am followed by a Tribute to our Veterans presented by the students. All takes place at SES church. If you or someone you know is a veteran and are able to attend, please RSVP by emailing the information below to Mrs. Groch at email@example.com or call 239-455-2262 ext. 321 by Oct. 30.
- Name of Veteran attending
- Branch of Service
- Dates served (from-to)
- Phone #
In addition, the school will pray for any veterans unable to attend (living or deceased). Please forward name of any veteran with branch and dates of service (if known) you would like us to pray for.
Thank You for Helping Us Honor Our Beloved Veterans!
We are eternally grateful to our sponsors, donors, volunteers and all who supported our recent fundraisers. Together, we overcame the challenges and made these events a great success for our school! Our Virtual Auction raised $8,000 in Teacher Wish List items, $3,300 in donations and $21,000 in auction items purchased. Our Golf Tournament netted $6,000 in donations, sponsorships and fees. We continue to be…#SetonStrong!
Zoom with SDL Learners
Teachers are available every Wednesday from 2:30-3:15pm to Zoom with Virtual Learners.
Please click here for this week’s Counselor’s Corner— A reminder of help available for anyone struggling as a result of Covid from Dr. Fabii. Or read at the bottom of this page.
Any families with students preparing to receive sacraments are reminded they must attend Faith Formation classes through their home parish. Religion classes only at school do not meet this requirement.
Parents are asked to insure their children are in compliance with the student uniform dress code as stated in the school handbook on p. 10-11. Thank you for your cooperation.
Email from Step Up for Students
Step up for Students recently sent an email to all families currently receiving this scholarship. Please look through your emails for a message from firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Immediate Action Needed” (it may be in junk or clutter folder). Parents must approve their first quarter payments to the school electronically.
Counselor’s Corner October 12, 2020
Continuing Help Through the Pandemic
In response to continuing needs related to the crises caused by COVID-19, Catholic Charities is focusing efforts toward food services, financial assistance, and tele-mental-health support for the 10-county area for clients in need. Food pantries will continue to distribute food while taking measures to protect staff from the coronavirus. Financial assistance teams have been established in each region to assess and support persons who need help making ends meet during this challenging time. Also, tele-mental-health services are offered by behavioral health teams through video conferencing and telephone services.
If you need assistance from Catholic Charities for food, financial assistance or tele-mental health counseling, please call 844-385-2404 for services in Collier County.
Food distribution will take place only at the following times and locations:
- Mondays through Fridays, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Guadalupe Social Services, 211 S. 9th St.,
- Immokalee; Soup Kitchen open for meals-to-go during the same hours.
- Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Judy Sullivan Family Resource Center, 3174 Tamiami Trail E., Naples.
- Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. – noon, St. Margaret Parish, 208 Dean Duff St., Clewiston.
- Fridays, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., St. Leo the Great Parish, 28360 Beaumont Road, Bonita Springs.
- Fridays, 9:00 a.m. – noon, Elizabeth K. Galeana Pantry, 4235 Michigan Avenue Link, Fort Myers.
- 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month, 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., St. Paul Parish, 1208 E. Oak St. Arcadia.
For any additional questions or resources, please contact Dr. Fabii: email@example.com.