Week of July 20, 2020
Now more than ever the world needs Catholic Schools! Thank you for recognizing the advantages and value of a faith-based education of excellence. Together, we build a strong foundation for our students’ future.
We miss our students, families, faculty and staff and hope everyone is enjoying a happy and healthy summer. Looking forward to being together soon…#SetonStrong!
Summer Office Hours
- July 1st – 24th: Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 2:30pm
- July 27th – 31st: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 2:30pm
- Beginning August 3rd: Regular office hours resume 7:30am – 3:30pm
BELOW IS THE EMAIL SENT BY MRS. NIEBUHR, JULY 13, 2020. PLEASE NOTE: DISCUSSIONS REGARDING A DELAY TO THE START OF SCHOOL , (SCHEDULED TO BEGIN 8/10) IS UNDERWAY AND WE’LL UPDATE FAMILIES AS SOON AS A DECISION HAS BEEN MADE BY THE DIOCESE OF VENICE).
To our wonderful Seton families,
These unprecedented times have certainly changed the face of how we’ve been planning and preparing for the upcoming school year! I know you must have questions especially as we draw closer to August 10th.
I hope to address some of your concerns and provide some updates in this email. Please know this is a very fluid situation and things are always changing. As of this writing, school is scheduled to begin with face-to-face instruction on Monday, August 10th. As of this writing, we are implementing the following new protocols:
1. Daily temperature checks of all faculty, staff and students upon arrival to school:
- Your child will be met by Mrs. Tenbarge, Coach T., Officer Bill or myself where temperatures will be checked before entering the school building.
2. Streamline drop off and dismissal procedures:
- All PK3 and PK4 children will enter and exit via their classroom doors daily. They will be met by their teacher and assistants.
- All students will report directly to their classrooms via the gym after being temperature checked.
- Morning prayers will be announced over PA or Video in classrooms.
- All students will be dismissed to the carline directly from their classrooms at the end of the day.
3. A centrally located school clinic with a school nurse:
- School nurse will be providing training on new hand washing and sanitizing procedures.
4. Student bathrooms will be cleaned three times during the school day: 8:30am, 11:30am, and 1:30pm. This is in addition to the nightly cleaning and disinfecting which will include a special Enviroshield disinfectant.
5. Hand sanitizing stations throughout the school.
6. Disinfecting of all classroom desks on a regular basis and in between classes.
7. Weekly deep cleaning and disinfecting.
8. Classroom desk spacing:
- As appropriate for the benefits of learning, determined by class size.
- Collaborative desk groupings will be limited and other spaces used (i.e. outdoor learning commons)
9. Students will maintain appropriate distancing while switching classes and follow procedures for movement around campus.
10. Social distancing protocols while walking through school building will be implemented.
11. All visitors and volunteers will be required to wear face masks.
12. Face masks for students are suggested if they can be tolerated, final decisions will be made by the DOV.
13. School Cafeteria:
- PK3, PK4 and Kindergarten will be eating in their classrooms. Lunch from vendor will be delivered to individual rooms.
- The number of lunch periods for grade 1-8 have been increased to provide social distancing and disinfecting protocols.
Your children’s safety continues to be our top priority. At this time, we are preparing plans to include an online option for those families who wish to continue as part of the Seton family. We envision the distance learning to look similar to the 4thquarter of last school year. Please look out for a short survey which will assist us in making these plans a reality.
We appreciate your partnership and patience as we continue to navigate these ever-changing waters. You are all in our prayers.
Mrs. Maria Niebuhr, M. Ed.
The uniform closet will be open in the cafeteria on the following days from 8:00am – 12:00pm: July 20th and July 27th.
Refer your family and friends to our wonderful school and get a gift card!
Please pass along the attached Seton flyer to any new family you know who is interested in a superior education in spirit, mind, and body for their children. As a thank you for your referral, you will receive your choice of a $100 Amazon gift card, or a $100 tuition credit for every family you refer that enrolls through the 2020-2021 school year.
Thank you for your support in spreading the good news about the St. Elizabeth Seton School family! Also, Please share our Virtual Open House link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uGChXQ7ft32fnxESMbsc9KAt7J9Saieg
2020-2021 School Calendar
Please see attached calendar (subject to change).DOWNLOAD THE CALENDAR HERE
Building a Culture of Catholic Stewardship
Our school community needs donors and sponsors to support our mission. Please help spread the word to friends, family and others who believe in the importance of affordable, quality Catholic education now and for future generations. See the many ways to support Seton by visiting https://saintelizabethseton.com/giving/DOWNLOAD THE ADOPT AND EARLY CHILDHOOD STUDENT FLYER
FACTS Grant and Aid Reminder
A completed FACTS Grant & Aid application is required as part of student re-enrollment and is necessary to be considered for any tuition assistance, including parish assistance. Families seeking parish assistance for 2020-2021, must also contact the pastor at their home parish directly.
Applications are processed on a first-come basis in the order all documents are received, and funding is limited. Families can submit 2019 W2s and 2018 income tax returns. This change will not affect those who have already completed their application.
Please contact School Accountant, Mrs. Elaine Pearce at email@example.com with any questions. Thank you for your cooperation and support!
Important Notice regarding the Step Up for Students (SUFS) Scholarship
Your family may qualify for an Income Based Scholarship! Apply now as funds are limited and available first-come, first-served. If you have already applied for an Income-Based Scholarship for the 2020-2021 school year, please be on the lookout for your Step Up letter that includes Student ID. This will need to be submitted to the school to process your scholarship.
Night in Havana Gala Auction News!
We are happy to announce Night in Havana Gala Auction has been rescheduled to Saturday, Sept. 26, 2020 at the Vineyards Country Club! We will look forward to celebrating this fabulous event with our school community and friends at that time. Please contact our Gala chair, Dr. Dianne Fabii, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
School Uniform Info