Week of April 27, 2020
Virtue of the Month: Honesty
Distance Learning continues through the remainder of the 2019-20 school year. We miss our students and families! Stay healthy and #SetonStrong!
Please search Seton Principal on the You Tube channel to view past and current daily prayers/announcements with Mrs. Niebuhr, or click the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3rpULvkj6z12BFz3H61Aiw?view_as=subscriber
Building a Culture of Catholic Stewardship
Now more than ever, our school community needs donors and sponsors to support our mission. Please help spread the word to friends, family and others who believe in the importance of affordable, quality Catholic education now and for future generations. Support Seton by visiting https://saintelizabethseton.com/giving/
Building a Culture of Gratefulness
Seton students are writing letters of encouragement to deliver to local health care workers in appreciation for their dedication, courage, and sacrifice. If you would like to join this effort, send your note of thanks to the school office by May 1.
St. Elizabeth Seton School
2730 53rd Terrace SW
Naples, FL 34116
Important Notice regarding the SUFS Scholarship
If you have already applied for an Income-Based Scholarship for the 2020-2021 school year, please be on the lookout for your Step Up letter that includes Student ID. This will need to be submitted to the school to process your scholarship.
If you have not yet completed an application, New and Renewal families are reminded to APPLY NOW! (Applications are processed on a first-come basis in the order all documents are received, and funding is limited.) https://www.stepupforstudents.org/for-parents/income-based/how-the-scholarship-works/
Any questions, please contact Mrs. Elaine Pearce at email@example.com. Thank you!
FACTS Grant and Aid
The deadline for a completed/verified application is May 31, 2020. A completed application is required as part of student re-enrollment for the upcoming school year and is necessary to be considered for any tuition assistance. Families can submit 2019 W2s and 2018 income tax returns. This change will not affect those who have already completed their application. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
“Virtual Open House”
Please share the attached link and continue to refer your friends/family to our awesome school! https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uGChXQ7ft32fnxESMbsc9KAt7J9Saieg Many thanks to our Open House student video stars!
Help During the Pandemic
Counselor’s Corner | 4/27/20. Mental Health Support for Kids and Teens
Kids’ Minds Matter. In partnership with the Lee Health Foundation, Kids’ Minds Matter has launched Mental Health Mondays, a virtual mental wellness series on Facebook.com/KidsMindsMatter, which connects Lee health partners and Southwest Florida mental health advocates with the region’s families to share expert advice, resources and at-home activities for kids. The segments are less than an hour and feature a variety of health and mental health professionals as well as child advocates to help caregivers with their child’s mental health. For additional information about the series and weekly topics see the following link: https://leehealthfoundation.org/2020/04/08/mental-health-mondays/
Supporting Children’s Stress. Not all children respond to stress in the same way. Some common changes to watch for in children include:
- Excessive crying and irritation
- Returning to behaviors they have outgrown (e.g. toileting accidents or bedwetting)
- Excessive worry or sadness
- Unhealthy eating or sleeping habits
- Irritability and acting out behaviors
- Difficulty with attention and concentration
- Unexplained headaches or body pain
- Avoidance of activities enjoyed in the past
Ways to support your child include:
- Answer questions and share facts about COVID-19 in a way that your child can understand.
- Reassure your child that they are safe. Let them know it is OK if they feel upset. Share with them how you deal with your own stress so that they can learn how to cope from you.
- Limit your family’s exposure to news coverage of the event, including social media. Children may misinterpret what they hear and can be frightened about something they do not understand.
- Try to keep up a regular daily routine of school work, online instruction and play time.
- Be a role model. Take breaks, get plenty of sleep, exercise, and eat well. Connect with your friends and family members.
Catholic Charities Tele-help services.
For immediate assistance with bills, rent and/or food:
- The United Way has a COVID-19 Community Economic Relief Fund. Call 2-1-1 or 888-369-7688. The Collier County United Way office is located in Naples at 9015 Strada Stell Court, #204. The direct number to this office is 239-261-7112. The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Another source is Collier County Catholic Charities: 844-385-2404. They can assist with food, financial help and tele-mental health counseling. Also see the website: www.catholiccharitiesdov.org/locations/naples.
- The Harry Chapin Food Bank has many points of distribution; see the website: https://harrychapinfoodbank.org/
- Please reach out to School Counselor, Dr. Dianne Fabii, for further assistance: email@example.com.
St. Elizabeth Seton Church has livestreamed masses which can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQF5_1OovmijLWXsFzoIqeg. Please subscribe and click the notifications bell to be informed of our live streamed Masses. Please check your individual parish websites and Facebook pages as well as the dioceseofvenice.org website for information on other parish mass viewing.
Night in Havana Gala Auction News!
We are happy to announce Night in Havana Gala Auction has been rescheduled to Saturday, Sept. 26, 2020 at the Vineyards Country Club! We will look forward to celebrating this fabulous event with our school community and friends at that time. Please contact our Gala chair, Dr. Dianne Fabii, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.