Week of March 16, 2020
Virtue of the Month: Temperance
To our Seton families,
Classes on campus are suspended through April 15, 2020. Distance learning for students will begin on March 31. The school office will re-open on March 24.
Mrs. Maria Niebuhr, M.Ed.
March 14, 2020
To: Diocese of Venice Catholic School Parents and Guardians
From: Ben Hopper, Interim Superintendent of Schools
Re: Continuing Communication and Updates regarding Coronavirus COVID-19
As a follow up to my communication to you of March 13, 2020, and upon following the direction of County Schools, all classes in Diocese of Venice Schools will be suspended through March 30, 2020. We will keep in close contact as information unfolds and be back to you with further advisories as necessary.
I will keep all of you and your families in my prayers.
Event Cancellations & Rescheduling
Due to an abundance of caution, the following Seton events are being rescheduled or canceled:
- 4th and 5th grade field trip – scheduled for Tuesday, March 17th has been canceled.
- 7th grade Marine Lab Field Trip-scheduled for March 19-20 has been canceled. Payments made to the Marine Lab will be refunded back to the school and in turn to the families.
- Donuts with Dad- rescheduled to Wednesday, April 22nd, from 7:30-8:15am in the school gym.
- Father (Special Friend)/Daughter Dance– rescheduled to Saturday, May 16th, from 6pm-8:30pm in the gym.
- Night in Havana Gala/Auction Event scheduled for March 28 is rescheduled to Saturday, April 25. Ticket sales extended to April 7!
- SALCAA Contemporary Art Auction Event at Artis-Naples on April 3(benefiting the Naples diocesan schools) will be rescheduled for a future date to be announced.
Message from Step Up for Students Scholarship
We have great news. New families may now apply through Step Up For Students for an Income-Based Scholarship (either the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship or the Family Empowerment Scholarship) for the 2020-21 school year.
Please note: If a family currently has the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship for the 2019-20 school year, the priority processing deadline for renewal families has passed meaning all income-based applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis in the order all documents are received, regardless of family scholarship status. Please apply as soon as possible as funding is limited.
Upon review of a family’s application and supporting documents, Step Up For Students will determine if the student qualifies for either the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship or the Family Empowerment Scholarship.
Reminder: If a family has a returning student on the income-based Family Empowerment Scholarship, please click here for more information.
New Date for SES Gala Auction –- Saturday, April 25!
A Night in Havana at The Vineyards Country Club
Ticket sales are extended through April 7.
Help is needed on the day of the auction with transport and set up of items between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Please contact Dr. Fabii if you are able to help. We have MANY terrific live/silent auction items for bid. Below is preview of a few…
- Trip to Aruba
- Sunset cruise aboard a 100 ft. yacht
- Disney park passes
- The Hideout Golf Certificate
- Dinner and wine pairing at Truluck’s
- Full Set of Braces
- Principal and teacher for the day certificates
- Front row seats at graduation
- Dinner with Father Casey
- Tickets to: Artis-Naples, Barbara B. Mann, Key West Express, Busch Gardens, Naples Princess, Miami Zoo, Botanical Gardens, Miami Zoo, FL Everblades,…
- Gift cards to: Tommy Bahama, Flemings, Ridgeway, Cheesecake Factory, Bonefish, Turtle Club, Sea Salt,…
- Total Wine Tasting for 20
- Hotel Stay at Inn at Pelican Bay
- Golf at the Strand, Vineyards, Kensington, Raptor Bay
- Dillard’s Fragrance Baskets
- Car washes, and much more!!!
Many thanks to all who contributed to class baskets and donated wine, gift cards, etc. We can’t do this without your participation and support!! We are also grateful to the following organizations and individuals for sponsoring our event!
- St. Agnes Church
- St. William’s Church
- St. Leo the Great Church
- St. Elizabeth Seton Church
- San Marco Catholic Church
- St. Finbarr Church
- Down to Earth Landscaping
- Zynda Custom Homes
- Juliana Kierstein,P.A.
- Di Julio’s Restaurant
- The Richard J. Lacks Foundation
- Charming Smiles
- St. John Neumann H.S.
- Anonymous Donor
- SES Knights of Columbus
- The Hilmoe Family
- J.C. Drainfield
- St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church
- Cathy & John Ciacco
Operation Rice Bowl
Our Rice Bowl campaign will be ending on Wednesday, April 1. Please count all the money that your family has collected and write one check out to St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic School. The school will count all the check amounts and then write one check to Catholic Relief Services on behalf of our whole school community. Thank you in advance for your generosity and participation in the Spirit of the Lord!
Photos needed for Yearbook!
SES families, do you have any photos from SES sporting events? The Christmas Concert? Trunk or Treat? Upload them directly for potential use in our 2020 yearbook from any device by following the link below – you do NOT have to create an account to submit photos! A great way to share these SES memories and much easier than emailing them! Photos can continue to be submitted through April 8, 2020 at plicbooks.com/go/hAbCa