Happening This Week: Week of January 20, 2020
Virtue of the Month: Prudence
Monday, Jan. 20
No School – MLK
Tuesday, Jan. 21
Wednesday, Jan. 22
Chorus 7:30-8:00am; School mass 9am – All are welcome
Thursday, Jan. 23
Ukulele Club 3:10-3:50pm
Friday, Jan. 24
- No school mass on Jan. 29. Mass will be Jan. 31 at 9am.
- Noon dismissal on Friday, Jan. 31.
FACTS Family Online Login Reminder
Please be sure to create your login for FACTS Family Online (ParentsWeb). As of 1/15, our new system now provides the advantage of one login to access student academic information and school information, as well as access to the FACTS tuition management system. If you have not already created your account, please do so as soon as possible (see attached FACTS document for instructions). Thank you!DOWNLOAD THE FACTS INSTRUCTIONS HERE
Mark Your Calendar for an informative Parent Education Presentation
- Topic: Protecting Our Children: The Dangers of Vaping and Social Media
- Presented by: The Prevention Team at the David Lawrence Center
- Date: Wednesday, February 12
- Time: 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Location: Cafeteria
Christian Character Award
Congratulations to our Christian Character Award recipients for the month of December.
Open House for New Prospective Families
Our OPEN HOUSE for NEW Prospective Families will take place Sunday, January 26 from 10:00am-1:30pm. Please help us make it a success by referring any family members and friends to our wonderful school. We will give a $100 credit (per new student enrolled) to any current family who refers a new family. (New family must be accepted and enrolled for the new school year).
Scholastic Book Fair!
Scholastic Book Fair coming to Seton! Tuesday, 1/28 through Friday, 1/31
- Family Shopping Event – Thursday, 1/30 – 3:00-5:30 p.m.
- Online Shopping Available: https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bf/stelizabethsetonschool
- Volunteers Needed – (must be fingerprinted and completed Safe Environment training) Sign-Up Genius Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090F4EA9A82FA3FC1-seswinter
We look forward to seeing you at the Book Fair!
Catholic Schools Week Service Project
We will be assisting Catholic Charities with their Weekend Power Pack Program. Items needed are: Cereal bars, Granola bars, Chili, Mac-N-Cheese, Ravioli, Crackers, Fruit cups. Please see attached flyer for more information. As always, thank you for your generosity in helping others!
Celebrate Catholic Schools Week with us!
Jan. 30 – Dinner & A Show – A Night in Italy
Make plans to join us for an Italian Dinner hosted by HASA, followed by a concert featuring Paul Todd and Paul Todd, Jr. Tickets will be sold together for dinner & show, and separately for just dinner or show. Tickets may be purchased in front of the gym during morning drop off, or you may complete the form attached and send in to your child’s teacher. Please contact Mrs. Eastman (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions. Thank you for your support!DOWNLOAD THE FLYER & FORM HERE
Re-enrollment for 2020-2021 School year
Re-enrollment information for our current families for the 2020-2021 school year will be provided shortly and will include a reduced registration fee and “early bird” discount for current families. We appreciate our Seton families…stay tuned for more information!
New Information for families currently enrolled in the Florida Empowerment Scholarship:
The school will re-enroll students automatically for 2020-2021 AFTER receiving the 2020-2021 registration form and fee. Please notify Ms. Pearce, school accountant, if you are not planning to continue using the FES.
Step Up for Students Scholarship:
Applications for renewal families are open. Please be sure to renew your application as soon as possible. Priority will be given for renewal families who apply by Feb. 28, 2020. Families new to StepUp are eligible to apply beginning in March. https://www.stepupforstudents.org/for-parents/parent-login/
SES Gala Auction – Havana Nights at The Vineyards Country Club Naples
WE NEED YOUR HELP! We’re in full swing now preparing for our annual gala auction on March 28th. The following items are needed to help make the event a success:
- Wine and spirits for our wine pull – Any variety of wine, tequila, rum, gin, vodka and whiskey – $15 or more in value
- Gift Cards – Restaurants, sports, retail stores, services – $10 or more in value
You will earn Volunteer Hours for Donations and for helping with the Gala! Please join us to help make our gala a super success!
If you have not already heard from room parents regarding class baskets, you soon will be getting information. Each class contributes a basket for the silent auction, and these are always very popular items. Many thanks to the following organizations who already have committed sponsorships:
- St. Agnes Church
- Zynda Custom Homes
- Juliana Kierstein, P.A.
- DiJulio’s Restaurant
- The Richard J. Lacks Foundation
Do you know any businesses or organizations who would be willing to sponsor our event or provide a donation? Please contact Dr. Fabii with the information! All donations must be received by February 28th. Thank you for your help. We can’t do this without your participation and support!
Catholic Schools Week “Living in Harmony with God’s Creation”
From January 26 to February 1, 2020, we will be joining Catholic Schools across the nation in celebrating Catholic Schools Week.
Tentative schedule for the week (subject to change):
- Scholastic Book Fair will take place Jan 28 thru Jan. 31
- Jan. 26 – We kickoff CSW with an Open House for New Prospective Families 10am-1:30pm.
- Jan. 27 – Gr. PK3 – 2 Dress is Class colors; Gr. 3-5 is Seton Pride; Gr. 6-8, Mass uniform. Bishop’s CSW Mass 10am at St. Elizabeth Seton church; followed by lunch for all Catholic school middle school students at SJN High School
- Jan. 28 – Gr. PK3 – 2 Dress is Seton Pride; Gr. 3-5 Class Colors; Gr. 6-8 Normal uniform. Student (only) Picnic Lunch and Panther Pals Lunch; Middle School Career Day 12:30-2:45pm – Students will learn about various careers from leaders in our community.
- Jan. 30 – Dinner & A Show – A Night in Italy Dinner at 5pm; Show at 6:30pm in the Gym. ALL Invited.
- Jan. 31 – Grandparents and Special Friends Day – Mass at 9am followed by classroom visits and refreshments, special craft with grandparents/friends, pictures, and more!
Stay tuned for more details on our Catholic Schools Week events!
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please visit: https://dioceseofvenice.org/offices/offices-departments/stewardship-and-development/matching-gifts/