Happening This Week: Week of December 23, 2019
WISHING ALL OUR FAMILIES A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS WITH MANY BLESSINGS IN THE NEW YEAR!
*School is closed for Christmas Break Dec. 23 through Jan. 6. Classes resume Tues., Jan. 7.
Re-enrollment for 2020-2021 School year
Re-enrollment information for our current families for the 2020-2021 school year will be provided upon return from Christmas break and will include a reduced registration fee and “early bird” discount for current families. Stay tuned for more information.
Our OPEN HOUSE for NEW Prospective Families will take place Sunday, January 26 from 10:00am-1:30pm. Please help us make it a success by referring any family members and friends to our wonderful school. We will give a $100 credit (per new student enrolled) to any current family who refers a new family. (New family must be accepted and enrolled for the new school year).
Step Up for Students Scholarship:
Applications for renewal families will open the beginning of January. Please be sure to renew your application as soon as possible. Priority will be given for renewal families who apply by Feb. 28, 2020. Families new to StepUp are eligible to apply beginning in March. https://www.stepupforstudents.org/for-parents/parent-login/
If your family receives the Florida Empowerment Scholarship, you do not need to reapply, but must express intent to continue the scholarship for the 2020-2021 school year. Please check your account or watch for email notifications and express your intent to continue the scholarship as soon as possible as funding is limited.
Check out the video links below to our awesome Christmas Concert 2019!
- Carol of the Bells arr. John Riggio (Performed by 3rd & 4th Grades) https://youtu.be/uJ4i020z-_E
- JESUS arr. Ashley Pond (Performed by Kindergarten) https://youtu.be/sXmTSqfuOrY
- 5 Gingerbread Men (Perf. by PreK3, PreK4, & Kindergarten) https://youtu.be/xVkpOwbjfk4
- Jingle Bells (Performed by PreK3 and PreK4) https://youtu.be/LFmuRcHJY8Y
- I’m the Happiest Christmas Tree (Performed by 2nd Grade) https://youtu.be/8WbF3fGluQg
- How Great is Our God (Performed by 1st and 2nd Grade) https://youtu.be/Gzx_ElBS56I
- Wasn’t That a Mighty Day (Performed by 1st Grade) https://youtu.be/a6Hxqw8kYZQ
- Baby Shark (Performed by Beginning Band) https://youtu.be/4hURIthN2iM
- Jingle Bells (Performed by Beginning Band) https://youtu.be/SJuQlZBeL_4
- Go Tell it on the Mountain (Performed by 4th Grade) https://youtu.be/WlUFh4nxp4M
- Little Drummer Boy (Performed by Concert Band) https://youtu.be/uHRJwMsz5B0
- 25 de Deciembre (Performed by 3rd Grade) https://youtu.be/D7-2XVpKKH0
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (Perf. by Ukulele Club) https://youtu.be/ps38GWFvIs8
- Sing We Now of Christmas (Performed by Chorus) https://youtu.be/hGUtrDIhhiA
- Spotlight on the Nativity (Performed by Drama) https://youtu.be/EiRSSGF_Asc
Catholic Schools Week
From January 26 to February 1, 2020, we will be joining Catholic Schools across the nation in celebrating Catholic Schools Week.
Tentative schedule for the week (subject to change):
- Scholastic Book Fair will take place Jan 27 thru Jan. 31
- Jan. 26 – We kickoff CSW with an Open House for New Prospective Families 10am-1:30pm.
- Jan. 27 – Bishop’s CSW Mass 10am at St. Elizabeth Seton church; followed by lunch for all Catholic school middle school students at SJN High School
- Jan. 28 – Middle School Career Day 12:30-2:45pm – Students will learn about various careers from leaders in our community such as Mayor Bill, Brittany Van Voorhees, WINK Meteorologist, Radu Paponiu, Naples Philharmonic Conductor and Youth Orchestra Director, and many more!
- Jan. 30 – Dinner & A Show – A Night in Italy. Make plans to join us for an Italian Dinner hosted by HASA, followed by a concert featuring Paul Todd and Paul Todd, Jr. Tickets will be sold together for dinner & show, and separately for just dinner or show.
- Jan. 30 – Grandparents and Special Friends Day – Mass at 9am-all invited! We need your help to invite our guests. Please complete attached form and submit as soon as school resumes.
Stay tuned for more details on our Catholic Schools Week events!
Save the Date! – Saturday, March 28, 2020 SES Gala Auction – Havana Nights at The Vineyards Country Club Naples
GALA AUCTION ~ WE NEED YOU!
Gala Update – GIFT CARDS, WINE AND SPIRITS NEEDED:
In the new year we will be asking for donations of gift cards, wine and spirits for the auction. The wine and spirits will be used for the Wine and Spirit Pull. Wines should be valued at above $10, and preferred spirits include rum, tequila and gin. As you are doing your holiday shopping, kindly keep this in mind. Also, if you receive some of these items as gifts and can’t use them, please consider donating them to the auction. Your generosity is appreciated, as always. Please help us to make this year’s gala our most successful ever!
We are gearing up in a big way now for our gala auction on March 28, 2020, A NIGHT IN HAVANA at The Vineyards Country Club. We want to make this our best gala yet, and we are ready to form committees for the following tasks:
- Phone Squad: The essential task of making follow up calls to business who have been sent letters requesting donations or sponsorships must be done before the end of this term. These are NOT cold calls, but simply follow up calls to ask if the company will participate. A basic script will be provided, as well as a list of businesses to contact. You can sign up through the Sign-Up-Genius link below. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508054BABAC29A0F58-seton3
- Pick-Up Squad: You will pick up donations from businesses in a timely manner and deliver them to campus.
- Pack-Up Squad: You will assist with wrapping wine and spirit bottles for the Wine Pull table, and also assist with transporting baskets, decorations, table center pieces and bottles to the venue on the day of the gala.
- Pretty Squad: You will assist with gathering items for decorations, and then transporting, setting up and taking down decorations on the day of the gala.
Please send an email to Dianne Fabii (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name and phone number to sign up for the Pick-Up, Pack-Up and/or Pretty Squads.
YOU WILL EARN VOLUNTEER HOURS FOR HELPING WITH THE GALA! Please join us to help make our gala a super success!
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please visit: https://dioceseofvenice.org/offices/offices-departments/stewardship-and-development/matching-gifts/