Dear Seton Families,
We are excited about the start of the new year which is just around the corner! Mr. Ted and Mr. Santos have been busy painting, power washing, and freshening up the campus. Mrs. McFee and Mrs. Eastman have been busy re-filling the library shelves, getting it prepared for our students. The installation of the new PA system and security cameras will surely increase safety for our students. We’ve adopted a new math series, added accelerated math classes for our 4th and 5th grades, and completed some nice technology upgrades. Teachers have participated in various professional development courses. Additionally, the school faculty is excited to work in professional learning communities to improve student learning throughout the year.
The information in this email will provide you with some of the details you need for a successful start to the school year. We hope to see many of you Friday, August 9th for School Supply Drop Off and then our Back to School Nights, Tuesday, 8/13 and Thursday, 8/15, where we’ll offer more information to you at that time.
Please take special note of the following dates:
- Friday, August 9th, 8am-9am- New Family Orientation– New families join us at the cafeteria.
- Friday, August 9th, 9am-11:30am- School Supply Drop Off – Visit your teacher, see your friends and most importantly drop off your supplies!
- Monday, August 12th, First Day of School – Drop off as early as 7:30am. School hours 8am-2:55pm.
Changes have been made to our Drop Off and Dismissal Process. Our school gym will now be used for Drop Off and Dismissal. Please enter the parking lot from 28th Ave. SW (across from the church, as you did last year) and follow the painted arrows toward the drop off line which is located in front of the gym. Officer Bill and a number of school personnel will be outside to assist. If you would like to park and walk with your child, you are welcome to do so by parking in one of the empty spaces across from the middle school building in the parking lot. We ask that you exit onto 53rd Terrace SW in front of the school.
- Monday, August 12th- Tears and Cheers Breakfast– 8:15am Parish Hall. Join Seton families for breakfast. Share “tears” or “cheers” about the start of a new school year.
- Tuesday, August 13th- Back to School Night Grades PK3- Grade 4 in the Gymnasium, 6:30 pm-7:30pm.
- Wednesday, August 14th- 2pm Early Dismissals begin. A reminder, this year school ends at 2pm on Wednesdays. Aftercare is available at no cost until 3:10pm on Wednesdays only.
- Thursday, August 15th- Back to School Night– Grades 5-8 in the Gymnasium, 6:30pm-7:30pm.
At both Back to School Nights, hear more about our Athletic Program, join our Home and School Association, visit your child’s classroom teacher, and hear about the great things planned for the year. These are parents only evenings.
- Thursday, August 15th- The Feast of the Assumption of Mary: Join us for an All-School Mass with Fr. Luis, 9:30 am in the church.
- Saturday, August 17th- First Annual Back to School H.A.S.A Barbeque. Join us at the school for fun, food, fellowship and to celebrate another wonderful school year at Seton. Time: TBA
Other important dates for the school year are noted in the 2019-20 calendar on our website, and we will continue to send Panther Prowl email updates with more school news. Once again, the faculty and staff of St. Elizabeth Seton School welcome you to a new school year. We look forward to seeing you on campus Friday, August 9th for supply drop off and Back to School Nights Tuesday, 8/13 and Thursday, 8/15. Until then, feel free to call us at 239-455-2262.
Mrs. Maria Niebuhr, M.Ed.