Hello Seton Families,
We’re so excited to be moving back into the elementary building! Teachers and staff have been busily preparing for the move and getting their classrooms ready for students. We had our first H.A.S.A. meeting and are looking forward to some wonderful events. Please note that the Yankee Candle Sale continues online until January, so there still is time to shop. Please read through the entire E-Blast for many important announcements. Have a great weekend!
Very Important Updates
PHONE SYSTEM – PLEASE NOTE!
There will be periods of down time on Friday, Monday and possibly Tuesday when our phone system and WIFI are inoperable due to systems being moved to the renovated elementary building. Please be patient if you are trying to reach us. Phone messages and emails will be answered as soon as possible.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT… AN IMPORTANT NOTE FROM PRINCIPAL NIEBUHR
Hello Seton Families,
I believe I can speak on behalf of the teachers, staff and students that we are excited to return to the elementary school building on Tuesday, October 16, 2018! This email is being sent to keep you updated with the changes and provide some details.
Although the school structure is the same, many improvements and updates have been made. Hurricane proof windows have been installed throughout the building, the school and cafeteria have a new roof, all floors have been replaced, classrooms with cabinetry and counter-tops damaged, are new, there is new LED lighting throughout the building, new paint, updated technology and telephones have been installed.
In order to get us back to teaching in the building, we’ve delayed the updating of the student and faculty bathrooms. Both of these will be renovated during the weeks of Christmas break. Additionally, we are in the process of installing a single point of entry electric door locking system, installing a visitor management system and having a full time security officer on campus. Our security officer will be starting on Tuesday, October 16th.
We hope to have a “grand re-opening” after we’ve settled back into the school. More details to follow in the weeks ahead. Here are some things you should know since renovating the school:
- Drop off and dismissal procedures will remain the same. Whether you drop off in the front or park and walk with your child, the procedures will not change. As you know, drop off begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Prayers will continue in the parish center. At the conclusion of prayers children will walk to the school along with their teachers.
- The front doors of the parish center will lock at 8am.
- The old school office has been converted back to a classroom and Senora Cole will hold Spanish class in what will now be her permanent classroom. You will not be granted access to the school through her classroom.
- The school office has moved. We are in the early stages of building an administration building and until completed the school office will be in a temporary location.
- The temporary school office will be located upstairs on same side of the old school office.
- Children arriving late to school must be accompanied by their parent and check in through our check in system. There will be a call button at the bottom of the stairs which you’ll need to use to provide you access to the school.
- On our first day back, Father Luis, Dr. Ben Moore, Director of Education, and Mr. Bob Reddy from Diocese of Venice Communications will join us as we return to school. As always, parents are welcome to join us for prayers and visit the renovated elementary building.
This is an exciting time for us all. I am grateful for your time and patience as we repaired our school. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Maria Niebuhr, M.Ed.
Something So Yummy is closed October 15th through 17th. There will be no lunch service on those days so please plan ahead.
Parents, please remember to add funds to your FACTS Prepay account each weekend to cover the aftercare fees for the previous week. Late charges of $5.00 per week will be added if funds are not available in the FACTS Prepay account to cover the fees in FULL.
AFTERCARE HOURS ON 10/26/18
The Aftercare Program for Friday, October 26, only, will be held in the cafeteria due to the Trunk or Treat event happening that evening. Parents will be able to enter through the gate that is located between the school office portable and the playground area to get to the cafeteria to pick up their children. Aftercare will still end at 5:30 on that day.
If you have accumulated volunteer hours thus far this year, please email Katy Rendon (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that she may add these to our record. Credit for volunteer hours includes time spent on campus assisting with various tasks, or donation of supplies to classes. Please include your name, days/times of hours, and/or a list of supplies you have donated. Thank you.
HOME AND SCHOOL ASSOCIATION
Our first meeting was held on Tuesday, October 9th. Many thanks to all those who attended. Volunteer sign-up sheets for various school events were available for parents to offer their time. If you would like to help with any of the events, please email Robin Harhen email@example.com. Thank you for your support!!
Help is needed to create graphic design and layout for our marketing publications (print ads, brochures, flyers, etc.). If you are interested, please contact Dr. Dianne Fabii (firstname.lastname@example.org). This may be a volunteer (earn hours) or paid (earn money) assignment.
STUDENTS OF THE WEEK
We are pleased to announce the following students were recognized as student of the week in their classes:
- PreK-3: Brian Hernandez
- PreK-4: Vincent Nguyen
- Kindergarten: Bastien Gonzales
- 1st Grade: Carter Snyder
- 2nd Grade: Mykayla Vixama
Congratulations on your good work!
VIRTUE OF THE MONTH
In October, students are focusing on the virtue of KNOWLEDGE. There are many opportunities to explore this virtue in daily life. Family discussion question: What do I learn when I offer my work and being for the glory of God?
The JV Girls’ BASKETBALL team needs a volunteer coach. Please contact Coach Tenbarge if you are interested in this fun way to get your service hours: email@example.com.
MYSTIC MONK COFFEE SALE FUNDRAISER
Many thanks to all who supported this round of fundraising to support the N.E.T. Retreat for middle school in March. Stay tuned for another opportunity to purchase holiday blends and continue to help raise funds for this important activity.
BLUE ZONE TIP OF THE WEEK
Schools around the nation are teaching kids healthy lifestyle habits so they carry these habits for a lifetime. Seton is proud to be part of this!!!
Yankee Candle Fundraiser Continues Online!
Our YANKEE CANDLE FUNDRAISER continues ONLINE until January 1st. If you have completed an envelope and forgot to return it by today’s deadline, please send it to school on Tuesday, October 16th. Our school benefits from 40% of the proceeds. Go to www.yankeecandlefundraising.com. Enter the group number 999972306 in the “Start Shopping” box. Any orders purchased online will pay for shipping/tax, and the products will be shipped directly to your home.
We are aiming to increase our profits from last year, so please continue to share this fundraiser with family and friends. Remember that all money made from this fundraiser benefits Seton students. Get an early start on holiday shopping and help our school at the same time! Any questions/concerns, please contact Robin Harhen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support!!
Seton School Wide Service Project
Throughout October, Respect for Life Month, we are continuing to collect items and money for Community Pregnancy Clinics (CPCI) in Collier County. Each class was given a Baby Bottle Bank to collect money throughout the month of October. Additionally, there are donation bins in the Parish Center to collect baby items such as diapers, wipes, baby wash/shampoo, and new or gently used baby clothes in sizes newborn through 5T.
To date, our school has collected an estimated $800 worth of material goods, including 1,171 diapers. Let’s keep going and increase these numbers! Your generosity in supporting this worthy service project to benefit needy moms and babies is most appreciated.
Big Upcoming Events at SES!!
TRUNK OR TREAT!
Friday, October 26, 2018 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the school and parish parking lots
Get your costume ready and your candy bucket too! There will be pizza, treats, and water bottles for sale in the Parish Center!
To make this event possible, the following items are needed:
- Families to sign up to enter a decorated car/distribute candy, make donations of water bottles/treats, and/or volunteer at the event! *Any questions about signing up your car trunk please contact Miss Watson (email@example.com)
- Donations of water bottles (regular size or mini) and store-bought treats (i.e. cookies, cupcakes, brownies, & mini chip bags). Please drop off donations to Ms. Kelly at the front office starting on Monday, October 17th. Please know that we are serving the items on 10/28 and expiration dates for treats need to comply for us to serve. *Any questions about treat donations please contact Ms. Kelly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Volunteers are needed for set-up, serving food, and clean-up! *Please contact Mrs. Eastman at (email@example.com) to sign up!
Save These Dates!!!
CHUCK E CHEESE NIGHT
Friday, November 2, 2018 from 3 to 8 p.m.
Tuesday, December 4, 2018. Time TBA
SANTA STROLL WALK-A-THON
Friday, December 7, 2018. Time TBA
SETON ANNUAL GALA/AUCTION
Saturday, April 6, 2019 5:30 to 10:30 at The Vineyards Country Club.
ST. JOHN NEUMANN NIGHT AT THE RACES
Saturday, November 3, 2018 6:30 to 10:00 p.m.
Community Events at St. Agnes Parish
International Festival – Sunday, October 21: The community of St. Agnes comes together to experience food, drink, attire and entertainment from different countries. As of now we have 20 countries from Colombia, Germany, Italy, Mexico and much more.
The Called and Gifted Workshop – Saturday, October 27: A one-day live presentation by Mary Sharon Moore and Charlie Hoover of the Catherine of Siena Institute, Colorado Springs, Colorado. The session will be on the nature of charisms, call, vocation and the process of discernment.