Dear Seton Families,
As February seems to be flying by, we have a few things on the horizon that typify this time of year. Most importantly, see the information below about upcoming testing for grades three through eight, and please pay particular attention to additional information that comes home from teachers about the tests. Also, we are gearing up for our spring gala! Invitations will be mailed next week, and we surely hope you will join as we Celebrate Seton at our Night in Napa. Have a great week!
No School on Monday, February 18th
Enjoy the President’s Day Holiday!
Many thanks to those who have already sent in their registrations for the next school year. Please continue to send them in so that your child is assured a place for the 2019-2020 school year.
TITLE 1 Letters
An important letter went home to all Seton families about generating Title l funds. Please make sure this letter is returned to your child’s homeroom teacher.
Used Uniform Closet
Open every Thursday from 2:50-3:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
TERRANOVA TESTING – Important!
TERRANOVA Assessments 2/25 through 3/8. Each year Catholic schools throughout the state of Florida participate in standardized testing. This year the TerraNova assessments will be administered to all students in grades 2-8. These tests are used to help us learn how your child is progressing toward standards, performing relative to their peers, and provide us with instructional activities which can help close achievement gaps.
The testing window for TerraNova assessments is from February 25- March 8, 2019 with makeups to be completed by March 13, 2019. Information for our families:
* PLEASE refrain from making appointments, arriving late, and/or being absent unless ill.
* Students will be testing for 1 to 1 ½ hours during the testing window each morning.
* Students should come to school rested and on time.
* Student homework will be kept to a minimum.
* Ample breaks will be provided.
* Students arriving late will have to wait in the office until their class has a break.
* Please read all notes from your individual classroom/homeroom teachers about the assessments.
Students of the Week. Congratulations to our students of the week! Keep up your great work!
- PreK-3: Jayden Vargas
- PreK-4: Nina Gonzalez
- KG: Jonavae Moise
- 1st: Connor McHugh
- 2nd: Savannah Waligora
Sports News from Coach T
Girls Soccer Tryouts
Tuesday February 19, 2019 @ Seton 3:00pm – 4:15pm
4th-8th grade girls
Track and Field
Saturday February 23, 2019 @ St. John Neumann High School Track
4th-8th grade boys and girls
Please visit the school app for other practice and game dates. The schedule will be updated as the practices and games dates and times become available.
Gala Auction: A NIGHT IN NAPA!! APRIL 6TH
HELP NEEDED!! SEVEN WEEKS TILL OUR EVENT!!
1) Do you know some area businesses that would be willing to donate items for the auction? Forms are available in the Advancement Office.
2) We are accepting gift cards (any amount) for goods and services, as well as bottles of wine ($10 value and above) for our auction. Please consider donating!
3) CLASS BASKETS: Correspondence and reminders have been sent regarding class baskets for each grade level. These are favorites at the auction, and each class creates a wonderfully themed basket. The completion date for these is February 15th – today!! If you have not already sent your contribution for your grade level basket, kindly do so now. The grade level coordinators have been working hard to collect items to complete the baskets. Everyone’s cooperation with this is greatly appreciated. Many thanks to those who have already contributed. Remember to report your donations to the office for volunteer credit.
Please contact Dr. Fabii (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can help with contacting businesses or picking up donations.
INVITATIONS WILL BE MAILED NEXT WEEK! Tickets $75 – includes buffet dinner, wine bar, dancing, entertainment, live and silent auctions. Cash bar also available. SPECIAL THANKS to our SPONSORS and DONORS who recently committed contributions:
- St John the Evangelist Church
- Becca di Buppo
- AZN at Mercato
- JC Drainfield
- Beef O’Brady’s
- Double R’s Fishing and Tour Company
Amazon Smile: Place your Amazon orders through https://Smile.Amazon.com, and help our school raise funds! Be sure to designate our school as beneficiary. Here is the direct link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/59-2112451
Upcoming Events | Save the Dates
FLORIDA EVERBLADES GAME ~ Friday, March 8th at 7:30 p.m. All tickets are sold online at this link: www.bladestix.com/ses. Come enjoy a fun night at the arena and hear our SES students sing the national anthem! PLEASE NOTE: The date of the game is March 8th; correspondence for those wishing to sing the anthem indicated March 15th, but this was soon corrected. Apologies for any confusion! We look forward to having many of our Seton singers participate in this event! Contact Ms. Watson to participate in singing the anthem.
SETON MOVIE NIGHT – Friday, March 29th; 7:00- 9:00 p.m. Seton Movie Night Sign Up Genius
SES KNIGHTS of COLUMBUS LENTEN FISH FRY
Please join our Knights on Fridays during Lent for a delicious fish fry dinner. These will from 5 to 7 p.m. beginning March 8th and ending on April 12th located in the school cafeteria.
Spring Concerts. Mark Your Calendars!
Friday, April 12 at 11:00 ~ 1st grade concert, Pete the Cat Rockin’ in My School Shoes
Friday, May 3 at 2:00 ~ 2nd and 3rd grade concert, The Day the Crayons Quit
Thursday, May 9 at 6:30 p.m. ~ Ensemble Concert with 4th, 5th, Middle School Band, Drama, Chorus
Thursday, May 30 at TBD Kinder graduation, The Very Hungry Caterpillar
St. John Neumann News
OPEN HOUSE on Sunday, February 24th from 3 to 5 p.m.
St. John the Evangelist is hosting a presentation by internationally acclaimed author and speaker Chris Stefanick on Thursday February 21st from 7-9:30 p.m. This event is open to students and their families and will be sure to inspire attendees to see the beauty in our Catholic faith. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased online at www.reallifecatholic.com/reboot
Downshifting is one of the lifestyle habits of Blue Zone regions of the world. Consciously taking steps to lessen stress by taking a break, relaxing and shifting focus helps to create a more balanced mood, mind and body.
Through a grant from the American Red Cross, Catholic Charities is offering FREE mental health counseling services to adults, children and families who lived in Florida at the time of hurricane Irma in 2017. The only requirement to take advantage of these free services is that the client(s) were living in Florida. There are four nearby locations where services are offered. Please call the Naples Catholic Charities Counseling Center for further information: 239-455-2655.